Fuel prices

Help Support CattleToday:

ctlbaron

Reaction score
Why don't we stop delivering the grain to the oil rich countries and let them eat sand and drink oil. We may not go any where for a while but thank God we can eat good. I guess they would drive around and starve to death huh. Stop the cotton and wool shipments and I guess they would drive around naked and starve. I just don't think it has to be this way. We could make fuel from the grain we send them, but there ain't too many ways to cook camels and sand, and crude oil soup ain't that tasty or nutrious either. My cousins in Texas say there are wells capped all over the place. The government says it's cheaper to buy it than pump it. At this point I don't believe it. Just a thought.

ctlbaron":376c74ts said:
Why don't we stop delivering the grain to the oil rich countries and let them eat sand and drink oil. We may not go any where for a while but thank God we can eat good. I guess they would drive around and starve to death huh. Stop the cotton and wool shipments and I guess they would drive around naked and starve. I just don't think it has to be this way. We could make fuel from the grain we send them, but there ain't too many ways to cook camels and sand, and crude oil soup ain't that tasty or nutrious either. My cousins in Texas say there are wells capped all over the place. The government says it's cheaper to buy it than pump it. At this point I don't believe it. Just a thought.
CT I work off shore in the GOM, can't imagine any wells being capped that are capable of producing Oil at todays Oil prices. where I work they are trying to get every drop they can and screeming for more.

ctlbaron":2z6f4zp1 said:
==========
ctlbaron,
Many agree with your thoughts. But, with the current and impending future conflict with the islamic world we could expect a cutt-off of oil. What we have ...capped.. and in Alaska is our ..."Mad Oil"...and best we keep it as a back-up and push...push...push the bio-diesel and ethanol programs.

We need another commitment like.... going to the moon in the 60s....to bring bio-diesel on line in a big way. The oil nations see this coming and we are and will pay thru the teeth during this interim period for petrolum energy.

We have used bio-diesel for the last few months and seems great. I think the hybrid is 18% bio-added to regular diesel currently. Hopefully this will be increasing rapidly.

I hear from truck drivers that I talk to that the bio is a good alternative but is hard to come by in most places. Cheaper and they say it runs great. You are right about needing to keep our oil for an emergency. It just seems to me we would have more barganing power with the grain we ship over seas.

I am going to try and explain this to yall one last time.
This country has a 15 million barrel a day appetite. We produce roughly 8 million barrels a day of crude the average well in this country produces 16 barrels a day. If bio diesel and ethanol were the greatest thing since sliced bread you couldn't grow enough crops to produce 7 million barrels a day. I know this is real hard for some of you we do not have an oil shortage but a refining shortage which does drive the price of crude up. It is simple supply and demand according to the DOE this countries want for gasoline is predicted to grow by 1.5% each year for the next five. To keep up with that growth rate we would have to build a 225 thousand barrel a day refinery for the next five years to keep up with the current demand. We are not building any due to government regulations. Everybody wants cheap fuel no one wants an oil refinery in the neighborhood. Can't have your cake and eat it to. If you think diesel prices are bad now wait until June of 06 when the new government regulations take effect.
Now I want every one to thank Mr. Clinton for letting the greatest oil industry in the world be destroyed with foreign take overs.

Campground if we could produce enough bio disel to offset imports as much as 1.4 million barrells a day that would reduce their sales to us by 20 percent. How would that affect the price of crude? It seems like a commodity market would sure have a reaction with a reduction that size.

ollie":1g5dehpq said:
Campground if we could produce enough bio disel to offset imports as much as 1.4 million barrells a day that would reduce their sales to us by 20 percent. How would that affect the price of crude? It seems like a commodity market would sure have a reaction with a reduction that size.

Ollie it is not Crude that is driving the market it is refined products there is a shortage of. China has had a huge impact on this.

Biodiesel has to be refined to a standard also you don't have that refinery either and brings a lot of baggage with it just like the gasoline engine did intially. Remember the gasoline engines of 40 years ago that were wore out at 60,000 miles.

The markets follow what opec does pretty hard but I am sure you're right. That being true, I would still rather buy my crude from Iowa and Illinois than sodomy arabia and sorryia.

I think we as a country need to save our oil reserves. Can you imagine what would happen if this country had to go to war against the nations that now supply us with fuel? I shudder to think of what might happen to us.

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":cxq0s3fa said:
I think we as a country need to save our oil reserves. Can you imagine what would happen if this country had to go to war against the nations that now supply us with fuel? I shudder to think of what might happen to us.

If we were serious about the war, ignored all of the politicians, and hollywood celebs, the war wouldn't last long. Fighting wars where you must make sure you don't hurt or offend anyone take longer, cost more money, and in the end may cost you more of your own soldiers lives. JMO, I'll get off my soapbox.

SF-------- I am not sure we could fight a serious war. We ran out of cruise missles in Iraq in the first war,we are pulling all of the troops from everywhere we can now just to fight in Afghanistan and Iraq. How could this country fight a war like WWII on several fronts? We do not have the manpower or reserves of arms. All the fat cat politicians want to do is cut back the military. A huge mistake in my eyes. Now I will get off of MY soapbox.

Campground Cattle":vq8jlkyp said:
ollie":vq8jlkyp said:

Ollie it is not Crude that is driving the market it is refined products there is a shortage of. China has had a huge impact on this.

Biodiesel has to be refined to a standard also you don't have that refinery either and brings a lot of baggage with it just like the gasoline engine did intially. Remember the gasoline engines of 40 years ago that were wore out at 60,000 miles.

Hey Camp, I heard a while back there was some plans on the table for some outfitt to build a new super refinery somewhere around Beaumont. You heard anything about that? Any truth to it?

flaboy":ccty5qqt said:
Mahoney Pursley Ranch":ccty5qqt said:
Texan or not it is reality.

Oooooooooooooooooooh, I not going to touch this one. :lol:
My "Texan or not" comment was made after someone on these boards(who I will not name,it's not my style) said that my post about not being able to fight a war like WWII was not something to be expected for a Texan to say. Obviously he has chosen to deleate his post.

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":qbhfi8vb said:
flaboy":qbhfi8vb said:
Mahoney Pursley Ranch":qbhfi8vb said:
Texan or not it is reality.

Oooooooooooooooooooh, I not going to touch this one. :lol:
My "Texan or not" comment was made after someone on these boards(who I will not name,it's not my style) said that my post about not being able to fight a war like WWII was not something to be expected for a Texan to say. Obviously he has chosen to deleate his post.

Yeah. That was me I thought your statement was out of character for a Texan or most rural Americans. I pulled it purty quick thinking it wasn't worth it. You jumped on it purty fast.

We need to go back to the days of "Walk Quietly and Carry a Big Stick" We've sold our souls to the foreigners. For them to be buying up and having control of our Energy is almost unbelievable. How did this happen? Most of all, what can we do about it?

Triple D":tsi27r9k said:
Campground Cattle":tsi27r9k said:
ollie":tsi27r9k said:

Hey Camp, I heard a while back there was some plans on the table for some outfitt to build a new super refinery somewhere around Beaumont. You heard anything about that? Any truth to it?

The big outfit is the Saudis they own the old Texaco refinery in Port Arthur it is Called Star now.

what is the price of tractor fuel in the states -and how much for car gas at the pumps -it was 97.2 here a litre I think there are about 4 litres in an american gallon-tractor diesel .72 cents alberta has a huge oil reserve in the tar sands and they tell me oil has to be 40.00/ barrel before it is profitable to process

Crowderfarms":rgdec3se said:
We need to go back to the days of "Walk Quietly and Carry a Big Stick" We've sold our souls to the foreigners. For them to be buying up and having control of our Energy is almost unbelievable. How did this happen? Most of all, what can we do about it?

Crowder I will tell you how this has happened, it is due to American greed, we don't care what it cost us in the long run as long as we get what we want now!
Find an American made TV, Automobile it says assembled in the US, but under the hood you see Mexico, Brazil. There are no American made tractors, now our energy industry.
We are rapidly becoming a country that produces nothing and only services others. Makes you wonder how long we can continue to be a world power. People talk about we feed the world better look in the local grocery store sure a lot a stuff from Mexico, Argentina,etc.
Americans worry about the cheapest energy in the world cause they can't play as much, IMO we are on the road to diaster because of greed.
Better wake up and look at what has happened to Ameican jobs and industry to save a dime because of our greed. Keep buying that foreign crap, everytime you do we become one straw weaker as a country.