Fuel Mileage with Chevy Diesel Truck???

Help Support CattleToday:

We got an 05 Duramax with 2000 miles on it in Jan 06. We had bought a brand new 02 Chevy 6.0 liter after debating the extra money for the diesel, always wished for the diesel. We came across an 05 Duramax with 2000 miles on it in Jan 06 and traded our 02 in. We absolutely love it. It has such much more towing power it's incomparable to a gas. Around here you can't give away the 8.1 and all the dealers will tell you that. We get good mileage too, way better when hauling than a gas.

More than fuel mileage, towing and all that stuff, the most important part is re-sale. A couple years ago I had a truck (03 chevy 2500HD 4x4 6.0 Gas) Had it for 18 months and really needed the diesel. Paid about 30K for the truck. After 18 months and 32,000 miles the best trade I could get was 14k!!!!!! Guy tells me hey man I just can't do better than that. i got 7 6.0 liters out in the lot and they ain't selling. I looked for a used Duramax and could'nt find one. They said they had a waiting list for trades that as soon as the got one in it went out. no cleaning no nothing.

KMacGinley":1vzxaiem said:
Filled my truck up and diesel here was $2.79. Gas was $3.19.

For the first time since we got the truck (jan 06), gas and diesel are the same price $2.89

Another thing to consider between gas and diesel truck is that diesel trucks hold their value alot better than a gas truck. You can still get good money for a diesel with 150K miles. A gas truck with 150K miles is almost not worth trading in.

Latest posts