Fuel line fitting help

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Got a 2000 superduty with a v 10. It stumbles on startup, warm or cold, then idles up fine.

I suspect fuel filter is step 1. But damn if I can get it to come loose. I've tried 3/8 and 5/16 fuel line tools. They're stuck like Chuck.

I've tried picking them clean, blowing air, and penetrating oil soak. Tried leverage. Still can't get it out. It will now spin inside the fittings though. So some progress is happening.

Anyone got a trick? I've changed many of these in the past, this one takes the cake!
Keep getting the urge to get the torch out. Hahahahaha

Thanks all

Push the lines toward the filter while you're jamming the tool in. Sometimes the clips will get jammed from tension on the lines.

There is no easy way unfortunately, sometimes they're just a booger.

I kind of doubt it is the filter personally.

Got a 2000 superduty with a v 10. It stumbles on startup, warm or cold, then idles up fine.

I suspect fuel filter is step 1. But damn if I can get it to come loose. I've tried 3/8 and 5/16 fuel line tools. They're stuck like Chuck.

I've tried picking them clean, blowing air, and penetrating oil soak. Tried leverage. Still can't get it out. It will now spin inside the fittings though. So some progress is happening.

Anyone got a trick? I've changed many of these in the past, this one takes the cake!
Keep getting the urge to get the torch out. Hahahahaha

Thanks all
Sometimes the springs will stick in those damn things. Then it's a matter of keeping at it. Sometimes you can get your tool in and put a pair of slip joint pliers over the line loosely using the big hole and tap the pliers with a hammer.
All that said it could be your tool. Seems sometimes the metal scissor type works better than the plastic tools. Maybe it'll go better this morning with fresh eyes and hands on it.

Mine is stuck on my F150 also. It's very frustrating coming from gm vehicles that have a ferrule nut and you just need an open end wrench.

GMs have the same quick connect deals on the fuel rail.

The quick connects that Chrysler uses everywhere on their A/C lines are worse, wiggle and pull with all your might, when they finally let loose your hand collides with the nearest sharp object.

GMs have the same quick connect deals on the fuel rail.

The quick connects that Chrysler uses everywhere on their A/C lines are worse, wiggle and pull with all your might, when they finally let loose your hand collides with the nearest sharp object.
I thought he was talking about a fuel filter?

Last GM trucks I had just had filters mounted on the frame rail under drivers side. It was easy-peasy with a regular ol open in box in wrench.

I know that fitting on the fords is real common in a lot of applications but I just dont see why its necessary for a fuel filter.

Last edited:
I thought he was talking about a fuel filter?

Last GM trucks I had just had filters mounted on the frame rail under drivers side. It was easy-peasy with a regular ol open in box in wrench.

I know that fitting on the fords is real common in a lot of applications but I just dont see why its necessary for a fuel filter.
He was. I was just commenting on the topic of quick connect fittings.

Last GMs I know of that had the filter in that location were the 88-98 generation.

My 06 Silverado doesn't even have an external filter, it's in the tank.

Latest posts