Fuel from water

Help Support CattleToday:

jfont

Reaction score
I've been tinkering with this idea. I have a large canning jar filled with water, with a dual coil of stainless steel wire going down from the lid into the water. One coil is pos. the other is neg. Pos. and neg. coil are spaced abot 3/8" apart. When hooked up to a 12volt bat the charge breaks the hydrogen and oxygen apart making a flamable gas. This part works, but do any of yall know where the best place would be to tie this into the fuel system on an engine ? Vaccumme line on the throttle body (chevy engine) or on the air intake ? Anyone else toying with this or made this work ?

They already sell a gizmo like this. From what I understand it takes more fuel to generate the power for the electrolysis than what you save.

Saw a rig up like that on the news the other night. Some guy in Mo. was selling and installing them. Some of the people using them said improved gas mileage, experts saidit would not work.

jfont":5x62wi7c said:
This part works, but do any of yall know where the best place would be to tie this into the fuel system on an engine ?

Just connect it to the air intake after the filter if possible. Make sure it is on a circuit that is dead when the ignition is off. If you vehicle is a later model there can be some issues with the computer trying to lean out the air/fuel ratio causing possible damage to the valves????

Good luck.

I just posted the same question before I saw your post. A friend of mine recently installed a hydrogen generator(?) in his truck. He uses distilled water and passes an electrical current through this and it releases hydrogen. The hydrogen is then sucked out of the container via a vaccum hose and is injected into his carberator to be burned with the gas. According to him, he is getting twice the fuel mileage with his truck as he used to. He said he has to refill the distilled water about every six weeks or so. All told, he said it costed $95 to put it in. His brother told me he had some problems at first but found he had some poor seals and it needed to be air tight. He said its working good now. Interesting for sure.

Jogeephus":ewk0ra1z said:
I just posted the same question before I saw your post. A friend of mine recently installed a hydrogen generator(?) in his truck. He uses distilled water and passes an electrical current through this and it releases hydrogen. The hydrogen is then sucked out of the container via a vaccum hose and is injected into his carberator to be burned with the gas. According to him, he is getting twice the fuel mileage with his truck as he used to. He said he has to refill the distilled water about every six weeks or so. All told, he said it costed $95 to put it in. His brother told me he had some problems at first but found he had some poor seals and it needed to be air tight. He said its working good now. Interesting for sure.
What is the year and make of his truck ?

What bothers me is the fact that they claim energy saving using hydrogen mixed with normal fuel. If this is so then why all the research on hydrogen vehicles. They already have motors that will run off hydrogen. The biggest problem has been the cost of producing hydrogen. Electrolysis has proven not to be economically feasible. In the case of the auto you have a motor with a generator that produces electricity. The electricity produces hydrogen via electrolysis. which powers the motor. Sounds close to perpetual motion. :roll:

youtube.com is full of things on this. You can buy everything you need for a small one for about $20. The municipality I work for is in the process of building one and experimenting. Someone said that maybe the reason for high and higher fuel prices is that something may be on the horizion much cheaper and available. I don't know that this is it but something sure needs to happen soon!

rc":2jf4mhu5 said:
youtube.com is full of things on this. You can buy everything you need for a small one for about $20. The municipality I work for is in the process of building one and experimenting. Someone said that maybe the reason for high and higher fuel prices is that something may be on the horizion much cheaper and available. I don't know that this is it but something sure needs to happen soon!
Here is something I found on youtube.com
To you and to all HHO generator enthusiast/sellers:

How many Amps/Watts does your in car generator use?

My guess, 2 Amps at 14 Volts or 28 Watts.

Remember 746 Watts is needed to produce 1HP (ONE HORSEPOWER).

Does the HHO output produce more Watts when burned in the engine than the Watts consumed in your HHO generator?

If the answer is yes, congratulations! You have just invented perpetual motion!
This makes a little more sents.

The idea is not to have perpetual motion, but to use the extra electricity produced by your altinator to produce a fuel suppliment to achieve better mileage. You are still burning gas, but it suppose to get you farther on the same tank. The one I'm playing with operates on a 15 amp fuse. So in comparrison, does a car burn more gas at night because the head lights are on ?

The guy that I know that has one says it draws around 5 amps. He said the drinking water was what he used. The amp draw increased with an increase in the increase in backing soda added.

dun":17ksqu8j said:
Sounds like a good thing for Mythbusters to try

They have already done a show on it. They said it don't work. I'm still wary but the man down the hall seems to think it works. It is becoming a fad around here.

jfont":1fpav5ka said:
The idea is not to have perpetual motion, but to use the extra electricity produced by your altinator to produce a fuel suppliment to achieve better mileage. You are still burning gas, but it suppose to get you farther on the same tank. The one I'm playing with operates on a 15 amp fuse. So in comparrison,
does a car burn more gas at night because the head lights are on
?

Yes, also when your A/C is on

I'm still wary but the man down the hall seems to think it works. It is becoming a fad around here.[/quote] Well I can tell you it does produce a flamable mixture. I tried lighting the end of the hose comming off the jar and dang near blew the top of the jar off. caution It's not like lighting a burner were the gas has to make it to the air to burn. I'm guessing with the oxygen broken up with the hydrogen it would even burn in the hose back to the jar. Thank god I didn't leave it on long enough to make enough gas to blow the jar to pieces.
Now whether or not it can be hooked to an engine and improve mileage, I'm still on the fence. So all opinions and advice, for or against, is what I want to know. The trying to light it thing was some need to know imformation that I didn't know and wish I did before I almost pooped my pants !

jfont":3onufgoz said:
The idea is not to have perpetual motion, but to use the extra electricity produced by your altinator to produce a fuel suppliment to achieve better mileage. You are still burning gas, but it suppose to get you farther on the same tank. The one I'm playing with operates on a 15 amp fuse. So in comparrison, does a car burn more gas at night because the head lights are on ?
The 15 amp fuse is only there to protect the wire from to many amps. it has nothing to do with amps used. Any time you put an additional load on an engine it will cause additional fuel to be used.
If you have ever used a welder with a gasoline or diesel motor you know that when you increase the load by welding the RPM goes up automatically. The same with a generator to power electricity for anything, it will not put out at idle.
If you really want to test your theory put this gizmo on a small gasoline powered generator. You do not even have to re-enter the hydrogen into the system. Just stick the 2 leads into water and you will see that the generator goes into overload.

novatech":1awie1ye said:
If you really want to test your theory put this gizmo on a small gasoline powered generator. You do not even have to re-enter the hydrogen into the system. Just stick the 2 leads into water and you will see that the generator goes into overload.

I'm confused?

Wewild":1dcr7q3n said:
novatech":1dcr7q3n said:

I'm confused?
An exaggerated form of electrolysis.
One lead will produce hydrogen the other will produce oxygen. Sticking both leads into the water, unregulated, will overload the generator and kill the engine. This should show you that electrolysis does consume power.

I agree there is no such thing as perpetual motion but is this not the same principle as these electric/gas cars that divert existing energy into a useful form rather than letting it bleed off as heat or something else? I'm not sold on it either but it is interesting. I do think if you can divert extra electricity created while driving into something useful, this would be a good thing. Consider how much hydrogen you could create if you could rig four generators to your wheels that would brake the vehicle. Might not be as efficient as putting this in a battery but it might be.