Fuel additive for smoke.

Help Support CattleToday:

kenny thomas

Reaction score
I am looking for a diesel fuel additive that makes smoke not prevents it. It is for use to just make smoke for the looks. Does nothing for the preformance, hurt or help. I know its out there as an additive but cant find it. Found some to make it smell like cherry, apple, ect. hahaha

kenny thomas":oa6zc4eh said:
I am looking for a diesel fuel additive that makes smoke not prevents it. It is for use to just make smoke for the looks. Does nothing for the preformance, hurt or help. I know its out there as an additive but cant find it. Found some to make it smell like cherry, apple, ect. hahaha

Put an orfice in your exaust just out of manifold and use a small pump and pump oil in the exaust this will make smoke and will not hurt your engine. You can load the fuel up with oil will cut the enjector out in time because oil is heavier than d fule. There is smoke oil that is used in aircraft which is some kind of oil from cotton seed. We used a windshield washer motor and pump, but they will not last very long.

PJD on American Chopper used the same oil injection in the exhaust to create smoke on one of their motorcycles. Worked great, made a huge cloud of smoke very quickly. Mosquito foggers use a similar system. Bigger injectors & a Edge Attitude box turned all the way up do the trick on my Dodge w/Cummins. :cowboy:

kenny thomas":3pujnoum said:
Would you or some else please explain to this getting old guy why smoke coming out the exhaust looks good?
Transmission fluid burns white and will just make you look like you have a worn out engine. If you want to pretend you are driving an 18 wheeler then go with the suggestion from dcarp.

I don't understand why anyone would want to do what you are suggesting. Smoke = wasted fuel and more crankcase oil dilution. At $4/gallon for diesel fuel, if that's really what you want, knock yourself out.

You could make your diesel exhaust smoke a bit more and have a more obnoxious smell by adding quite a bit of TCW-3 2-cycle oil to you fuel. I've added it for lubricity purposes at about 100:1 ratio and it's barely noticeable if at all.

You would really have to load up your fuel with oil to get it to smoke noticably. While some added oil likely is beneficial, I don't recommend that much.

John SD":1kj9vyvg said:
I don't understand why anyone would want to do what you are suggesting. Smoke = wasted fuel and more crankcase oil dilution. At $4/gallon for diesel fuel, if that's really what you want, knock yourself out.

You could make your diesel exhaust smoke a bit more and have a more obnoxious smell by adding quite a bit of TCW-3 2-cycle oil to you fuel. I've added it for lubricity purposes at about 100:1 ratio and it's barely noticeable if at all.

You would really have to load up your fuel with oil to get it to smoke noticably. While some added oil likely is beneficial, I don't recommend that much.

Guys, I have not went nuts although I might be close. I am not looking to add any modifications to the exhaust or oil to the fuel or more fuel to the system. All these things I know how to do. Let me explain.
A few of us old farts are having a tractor pull next weekend and nobody has seen the JD720 Diesel I have been working on. I will be pulling in the farm stock class but want some of the guys to think I have been messing with the system. There is an additive that all it does is make it look like something has been done. I just cant remember what it is. Yep brain fart
Just trying to pull a joke on a few old guys.

If you want to make alot of smoke, try sumthing to block part of the air flow into your intake. The principle there is a diesel engine will throw the same amount of fuel into the combustion chamber regardless of air flow, so youl have lots of fuel goin in and little air so itl b a big black cloud. Same principle as taking off a boost tube on a turboed truck engine. All u need to do is restrict sum of your air flow and lay into the throttle and youl roal the coal, just like in these old 12v cummins :lol2:

if yer truck had the mods mine got it would smoke like that..common rails will do it too with big enough inj and a huge laggy turbo