• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Ft Worth "Sale of Champions"

Frankie

Reaction score
Fort Worth Stock Show & Rodeo “Sale of Champions” this morning on RFD TV.

Immediately following is the Linthicum sale.

TexasBred

Reaction score
Hereford, I have no idea. It certainly should have. Also seems several years ago they changed things up at Ft. Worth and the youngster that showed the animal only gets a percentage of the gross sales price (less than 50%) and the organization gets the rest. Doesn't sound right but that's how it is now.

HerefordSire

Reaction score
If restricted from cloning, how would the buyer recapture the investment? Other shows? Maybe someone with money all of the sudden becomes emotional and makes a remorseful purchase decision?

BRG

Reaction score
It is an advertising ploy. I believe Coors Distributing made the purchase

HerefordSire

Reaction score
Now that would make allot of sense (Coors). The seller was at the right place at the right time and got paid allot of money for all that hard work.

Cattleman200

Reaction score
Immediately following is the Linthicum sale.
Linthicum sold a few Limousin and LimFlex or percentage bulls in his sale also. The top selling Limousin sired bull was out of my herdsire JCL Baxter.

Circle H Ranch

http://www.chrlimousin.com

bigag03

Reaction score
Also seems several years ago they changed things up at Ft. Worth and the youngster that showed the animal only gets a percentage of the gross sales price (less than 50%) and the organization gets the rest.

Not yet. Houston and San Antonio are both capped I think 50,000 and 35,000 respectively (I could be way off on these numbers but I know they are capped). Ft. Worth is not capped and the seller receives all of the money.

If restricted from cloning, how would the buyer recapture the investment?

That isn't what these sales are about. They are generally bought by businesses or corporations as marketing for "supporting the youth". Then they write-off the purchase price on their taxes.