Ft. Payne Alabama sale

Help Support CattleToday:

Nearly 600 more head for sale this year than last, not quite doubled. Where are they coming from Warren? Cows being sold off I assume?

They have failed to release their market report for the last 3 weeks on the usda site I keep up with . Don't know if it's the auction's responsibility or a government official. I keep up with Ft Payne , Arab and Cullman . All 3 in Alabama.

Nearly 600 more head for sale this year than last, not quite doubled. Where are they coming from Warren? Cows being sold off I assume?
I dunno, BFE. This report doesn't show how many in each category. FT Payne is about an hour west of me, and our weather is usually the same. No one around here is having any drought difficulties for sure, so I don't think there are a lot of good cows having to be sold. i think the bulk was last =year's fall calves. I looked at another sale barn's report, that is also close to FT Payne, and theirs shows the numbers per category. This sale last Thursday sold 19 bred cows and 1 pair. The rest were all weigh cattle.

I dunno, BFE. This report doesn't show how many in each category. FT Payne is about an hour west of me, and our weather is usually the same. No one around here is having any drought difficulties for sure, so I don't think there are a lot of good cows having to be sold. i think the bulk was last =year's fall calves. I looked at another sale barn's report, that is also close to FT Payne, and theirs shows the numbers per category. This sale last Thursday sold 19 bred cows and 1 pair. The rest were all weigh cattle.
Here's their last full report. Notice the date : Aug 2 A0C862EE-E6F1-45D3-9313-C7A8F1F76142.png

Good folks , the Gibbs run the stockyard, but it bothers me when they don't publish a full weekly report . Producers around like to know the current trends . At least I do !

Both Arab and Cullman posted their report from yesterday / all3 on Tuesday, but no Ft Payne? 🤔 Full reports showing each weight class etc not the abbreviated one .

I sold at Fort Payne the last 2 weeks. Sold a fleshy 1200 pound cow that lost her calf, brought .80 pound. Sold a 705 pound steer that brought 1.60 and a 900 pound bull calf that brought 1.20/ pound. They started posting the report on their Facebook page, here is this weeks.EA0A4B87-B0FB-4C7C-BFAB-BE6E842B4F7D.png

Greg Gibbs does a live report ever week too..went to Arab a few weeks ago.had every cull in north Alabama that day..it's been dry up till lately here ..hay crop has been pretty sorry..

I sold at Fort Payne the last 2 weeks. Sold a fleshy 1200 pound cow that lost her calf, brought .80 pound. Sold a 705 pound steer that brought 1.60 and a 900 pound bull calf that brought 1.20/ pound. They started posting the report on their Facebook page, here is this weeks.View attachment 20833
To me this is bare minimum. Like I said it may be on the USDA and not the sale barn.

Latest posts