Fruit fly trap

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
This year we have had an abundance of fruit flies. I don't know why but they seem to be everywhere and they have been getting on my nerves. Insecticides bring them to their knees very easy but who wants to spray that trash in your kitchen so I set about designing a little trap that seems to be working quite well and thought I'd share this with you.

I had noticed they are real fond of hot sauce so I took the juices left from a little snack I had and poured this back into the Vienna sausage tin along with the hot sauce. I then covered the tin with cellophane and burnt a tiny hole in the center of the cellophane to give them an entrance and a means for the aroma to escape. in just under 30 minutes I have already caught about 10. For some reason they end up drowning in the hot sauce.

Since this has worked so well and since they are fruit flies I made another trap only this time using apple sauce as bait. Thus far none have entered this trap but it only stands to reason they will. As I type I see two more fruit flies on the plastic fixing to meet their doom.

BTW - I will gladly sell these for $19.95 plus shipping, handling and sales tax. Well worth the money given the extreme precision and detail that is required to manufacture such a brilliant, ecologically safe, environmentally friendly, low carbon footprinted instrument of death.

Jogeephus":28cz2g7h said:
This year we have had an abundance of fruit flies. I don't know why but they seem to be everywhere and they have been getting on my nerves. Insecticides bring them to their knees very easy but who wants to spray that trash in your kitchen so I set about designing a little trap that seems to be working quite well and thought I'd share this with you.

I had noticed they are real fond of hot sauce so I took the juices left from a little snack I had and poured this back into the Vienna sausage tin along with the hot sauce. I then covered the tin with cellophane and burnt a tiny hole in the center of the cellophane to give them an entrance and a means for the aroma to escape. in just under 30 minutes I have already caught about 10. For some reason they end up drowning in the hot sauce.

Since this has worked so well and since they are fruit flies I made another trap only this time using apple sauce as bait. Thus far none have entered this trap but it only stands to reason they will. As I type I see two more fruit flies on the plastic fixing to meet their doom.

BTW - I will gladly sell these for $19.95 plus shipping, handling and sales tax. Well worth the money given the extreme precision and detail that is required to manufacture such a brilliant, ecologically safe, environmentally friendly, low carbon footprinted instrument of death.
When you gave the price you forgot the "But wait, there's more" part

That might explain why I'm not flooded with orders. Oh, I forgot to mention they are gluten free!!!

for the Amazing Anti-Fly Device

2m28l6e.jpg