frozen lemonade pie

Help Support CattleToday:

Dixieangus

Reaction score
Just heard this one today but i will be making it for Thanksgiving.
1 can of frozen lemonade
1 can of condensed milk
whip creme
1 graham cracker pie crust
My understanding was mix the can of frozen lemonade and condensed milk, then poor in pie shell, then put whip creme on top. Put in fridge. Ima try it, who knows it may actually be good, but i have my doubts

I thought Angie (maybe wrong) posted something similar a few years ago. It was supposed to be good from those that tried it. :secret:

I have my doubts too ... Let me know ,I still won't ever make it, but at least I will know it won't kill anyone .. :lol:

I'm with HD on this one.
It seems like the only thing that would make it "set", would be the high acidity of the lemonade curdling the condensed milk?? I, too, would have some doubts....

Ingredients
1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
1 package (3 oz.) lemon-flavored gelatin
2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
1/2 cup (3 to 4 lemons) fresh lemon juice
1 container (8 oz.) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
1 (9 oz.) prepared 10-inch graham cracker crumb crust
2 candied lemon half slices, cut into 8 wedges (optional)
Directions
MICROWAVE evaporated milk in medium bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute or until warm. Whisk in gelatin. Refrigerate uncovered for 30 minutes. Add lemon peel and juice; mix well. Gently whisk in 2 cups whipped topping. Pour into crust.

FREEZE for 4 hours. Dollop remaining 1 cup whipped topping around edge of pie. Top each dollop with lemon wedge. Let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes before serving.

TIPS: • Sliced fresh lemon can be substituted for the candied lemon slices. • 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk, 1 pkg. ( .3 oz.) sugar free lemon-flavored gelatin and sugar free whipped topping can be substituted. Prepare as above.

I have made that, it was called "easy as pie" pie. You just mix the lemonade concentrate with sweetened condensed milk, put in pie shell and FREEZE. Then cut and top with whipped cream. It will be soft like a pudding pie. Very refreshing in the summer time, and if you use pink lemonade you get pink pie. I also wanted to try it with orange juice concentrate but never got around to it.

Latest posts