Front End Loader for IH 986 Tractor

Help Support CattleToday:

sillco

Reaction score
Louisiana Native in South Central Wisconsin, USA
I am looking for a used front end loader for a International Harvester 986 tractor. The 986 is a 105 hp tractor with cab. If anyone knows of one available in the area of Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa, Missouri, Arkansas, Louisiana or East Texas please let me know. I traval these states often and could pick it up on my next trip. Of course the price is important. I don't know which loader would fit the 986 so I am relying on your knowledge.

I am also looking for a good used 24' stock trailer with roof and mostly enclosed sides.

Thanks in advance.

There are a lot of loaders you could use. You just have to have brackets for an 86 series IH tractor. As I recall the IH model is a 2350,not absolutely sure on that. Westendorf makes a good loader too,I think a WL-42 will fit a 986. Those are the ones I know of myself. Other people may be able to tell you of experience with other brands.

sillco":4te0rzqj said:
I am looking for a used front end loader for a International Harvester 986 tractor. The 986 is a 105 hp tractor with cab. If anyone knows of one available in the area of Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa, Missouri, Arkansas, Louisiana or East Texas please let me know. I traval these states often and could pick it up on my next trip. Of course the price is important. I don't know which loader would fit the 986 so I am relying on your knowledge.

I am also looking for a good used 24' stock trailer with roof and mostly enclosed sides.

Thanks in advance.

You can get mounting brackets for the 986 on about any loader made i.e. DU-All, Westendorf, Allied, Qwikeze

There really expensive though if buying new brackets. If you find a used loader about any welding shop can make the required brackets to make the loader fit on your tractor.

FYI
I just looked into purchasing a loader for my 1486 IH
New Westendorf loader w/ grapple
No external pump- just plug into tractors remotes
No Joystick
Not Mounted
Not delivered

$8500

If they had to order it it would cost an additional $1000 due to the cost of steel going up.

I'll stick to covering the farm auctions.

Latest posts