• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Front End Loader for IH 986 Tractor

Help Support CattleToday:

sillco

Reaction score
Louisiana Native in South Central Wisconsin, USA
I am looking for a used front end loader for a International Harvester 986 tractor. The 986 is a 105 hp tractor with cab. If anyone knows of one available in the area of Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa, Missouri, Arkansas, Louisiana or East Texas please let me know. I traval these states often and could pick it up on my next trip. Of course the price is important. I don't know which loader would fit the 986 so I am relying on your knowledge.

I am also looking for a good used 24' stock trailer with roof and mostly enclosed sides.

Thanks in advance.

Chuck

Reaction score
There are a lot of loaders you could use. You just have to have brackets for an 86 series IH tractor. As I recall the IH model is a 2350,not absolutely sure on that. Westendorf makes a good loader too,I think a WL-42 will fit a 986. Those are the ones I know of myself. Other people may be able to tell you of experience with other brands.

BLACKPOWER

Reaction score
sillco":4te0rzqj said:
I am looking for a used front end loader for a International Harvester 986 tractor. The 986 is a 105 hp tractor with cab. If anyone knows of one available in the area of Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa, Missouri, Arkansas, Louisiana or East Texas please let me know. I traval these states often and could pick it up on my next trip. Of course the price is important. I don't know which loader would fit the 986 so I am relying on your knowledge.

I am also looking for a good used 24' stock trailer with roof and mostly enclosed sides.

Thanks in advance.

You can get mounting brackets for the 986 on about any loader made i.e. DU-All, Westendorf, Allied, Qwikeze

There really expensive though if buying new brackets. If you find a used loader about any welding shop can make the required brackets to make the loader fit on your tractor.

FYI
I just looked into purchasing a loader for my 1486 IH
New Westendorf loader w/ grapple
No external pump- just plug into tractors remotes
No Joystick
Not Mounted
Not delivered

$8500

If they had to order it it would cost an additional $1000 due to the cost of steel going up.

I'll stick to covering the farm auctions.

Latest posts