From Drovers alert - Animal Rights

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
Conference outlines animal-rights agenda
About 500 people representing several animal-rights groups attended the second annual "Taking Action for Animals" conference in Washington D.C. last week. According to a release from the Animal Agriculture Alliance, Wayne Pacelle, president of the Humane Society of the United States committed to redoubling the group's efforts against modern animal agriculture. According to the Alliance, Pacelle pledged his ongoing commitment to legislation and lobbying as key paths for the animal rights movement to move its agenda forward. He urged the audience to continue pursuing "animal guardianship" laws to replace animal ownership laws. For more information, go to http://www.drovers.com.
According to the release, Pacelle suggested using the term "Canine Americans" instead of dogs. Can "Bovine Americans" be far behind? — J.M.

dun":iwlhysat said:
According to the release, Pacelle suggested using the term "Canine Americans" instead of dogs. Can "Bovine Americans" be far behind? — J.M.

I'll thank Mr Pacelle to leave my girl friend out of this.

But seriously, these people are just weird and scary.

Can we start a movement against "Intellectually Inept Americans"?

Dusty Britches":1hxqmhmj said:
mitchwi":1hxqmhmj said:
Can we start a movement against "Intellectually Inept Americans"?

Sure - but not very many people on this Board would qualify. :cboy:

I think there is a lot of smart ones on the boards.... it is the inept ones that come up with some lame cause of the day to try and save the world.....

In the county below me, it is now illegal to have your dog in the back of your truck unless he is caged. My dog is upset.

A vet friend of mine told me the humane society had him go out with the sheriff to a farm because the cows were being abused. They alleged the man wasn't feeding them because the bunks were empty.

He said they walked across a field of nice green grass that was shin deep and explained to the ladies "grass is what cows eat and furthermore he thought the cows were actually a little on the heavy side."

And to think, our tax dollars go for this type stuff!

That sounds as bad as the local SPCA chapter. They moved in on an old rancher just outside of town, accusing him of not feeding his animals. They hadn't seen any tractor tracks on the road from his hay yard to his cattle pens. He pointed to the second road that he used in the winter, then showed them the feeders right full of hay, and a couple dozen rolling fat girls scarfing back some nice 1st cut alfalfa.

The chapter lost alot of credibility from that day and couple other incidents of idiocy. So much so that their valid complaints about owners who haven't been feeding fall on deaf ears.

Rod

SHouldn;t the dogs in Canada have the same rights as dogs in the US. Maybe instead of "canine Americans" and "canine Canadians" they should just be called dogs, or for the politically correct canine companion animals.

dun