Friends

Help Support CattleToday:

You do not specify whether in death or a break in relationship. If the latter I'd say the friends that left are probably hurting as well but for different reasons. People change, if the friendship has a negative influence on one's life(and you can't fix it) it's time to move on...no matter the bond and good times that were shared.

I walked away from a friendship(married couple) of 22yrs in Jan this year, yes it hurts when I think about all the good times we shared...it saddens me to see what they have become.

Friends may come and friends may go
Friendships may peter out you know
but we'll be friends through thick or thin
peter out or peter in

And then a toast:

Here's to you and me
May be never disagree
But if we do to he// with you.
Here's to me.

I noticed when my children were born, that the majority of my friendships slipped away. My children became my hunting partners, and riding partners. I actually lost respect for many of my friends. I questioned how much time they spent with me, and how little time they spent with their own children.

Bigfoot":rc2mbr5i said:
I noticed when my children were born, that the majority of my friendships slipped away. My children became my hunting partners, and riding partners. I actually lost respect for many of my friends. I questioned how much time they spent with me, and how little time they spent with their own children.

When the kids were in school I thought I had lots of friends. The kids grew up and went their own ways and I found out that my "friends" were actually just the parents of my kids friends.

Dave":8qvjhf2t said:
Bigfoot":8qvjhf2t said:

When the kids were in school I thought I had lots of friends. The kids grew up and went their own ways and I found out that my "friends" were actually just the parents of my kids friends.

And you were the banker. ;-)

Latest posts