Friends new yearling bull what ya think?

Help Support CattleToday:

cowman30

Reaction score
What do you all think about my new friends new yearling bull?

Birthweight 85 pounds
205 Weaning weight 788 pounds
Yearling weight 1326 pounds
4.05 pounds per day on 110 day test
17.6 inch rib eye area
40 cm yearling scrotal
Homozygous black
Smooth polled
Born 4-1-08
Friend has him in with 5 heifers right now.
Breed Gelbvieh

Unmatchedinryefield1.jpg

unmatchedinryefield2.jpg

Any and all comments welcome. My friend tim has thick skin.

cowman30":k9rwr2tu said:
What do you all think about my new friends new yearling bull?

Birthweight 85 pounds
205 Weaning weight 788 pounds
Yearling weight 1326 pounds
4.05 pounds per day on 110 day test
17.6 inch rib eye area
40 cm yearling scrotal
Homozygous black
Smooth polled
Born 4-1-08
Friend has him in with 5 heifers right now.
Breed Gelbvieh

Unmatchedinryefield1.jpg

unmatchedinryefield2.jpg

Any and all comments welcome. My friend tim has thick skin.

I dont know about yall but one thing I spot right off the bat that I dont like is the sheath.

KNERSIE":2hug2zei said:
I dont know about yall but one thing I spot right off the bat that I dont like is the sheath.

His sheath is the least of his problems

Well explain. Tim wants to learn. What is wrong with him? I know but I want to see what yall have to say as does tim.

Keren":1l77wcq2 said:
Tim is gonna need his thick skin

Then let the bull have it. What is wrong with him? I dont care if ya bash him. He aint my bull. I dont much like him myself for alot of reasons but I want to see if they match up with yall before I stick my foot in my mouth and next time help him pick a better bull.

JHH":2alzllmb said:
looks like he was just getting up and streaching out when you snapped the pic. looks ok to me black sells you know.

Yeah according to tim he was.

Why not post some pictures that give the bull half a chance.

About the sheath; at that angle you can hardly tell if there is a problem. The numbers on the bull aren't bad, epd's woulda helped.

His legs look funny but that most likely is the picture and the way he is standing.

Red Bull Breeder":1lmn2gx5 said:
Just another Xbred bull. Not to good of a picture. Sure don"t look like he has been on test to me.

Forgetting all the other silly crap going on with this thread , why would you say he's crossbred.

showing71":1x9hgk8y said:
cfpinz":1x9hgk8y said:
It's kind of funny. Seeing as how you have him posted on your website as being one of your bulls:

http://www.claibornefarms.net/prod01.htm

Just goes to prove my point. You really can't hide stupid.
Just throwing this out, maybe he sold the bull to a friend :???: ?

maybe

The bull certainly has an identity crisis, or maybe its the owner. Why would the gelbvieh bull rate as high on the Saler indeces?

KNERSIE":3m5kr3i7 said:
showing71":3m5kr3i7 said:
cfpinz":3m5kr3i7 said:
It's kind of funny. Seeing as how you have him posted on your website as being one of your bulls:

http://www.claibornefarms.net/prod01.htm

Just goes to prove my point. You really can't hide stupid.
Just throwing this out, maybe he sold the bull to a friend :???: ?

maybe

The bull certainly has an identity crisis, or maybe its the owner. Why would the gelbvieh bull rate as high on the Saler indeces?

I guess it is hard to tell a Gelbvieh from a Saler when they are both black. :banana:

Cowman,

I believe you just made a fatal error. :lol: :lol:

He is Black 3way i don't think Gelbvieh comes with a black hide unless you cross breed them. Kinda like black Limis, Sims, and Salers. They only get the black wraping when Xbred.

As far as I'm concerned there ain't nothing good about black continentals of any breed. You got all that Angus blood in them why not go Angus.
Why in the heck would anybody put a 85 pound birth weight with heifers. Breed them to 70 pound and let the heifer calve easy and get down to motherhood.

twistedxranch":12kg8qtu said:
He looks like a fairly good bull to me. It looks like the picture taking is what sucks. He appears to have fairly good depth and length about him. His top line is pretty level and he looks smooth shouldered like his calves would come easy. I wonder what his epd's are? I think if he was standing on flat ground and not on rocky land then he might look pretty good.

You deleted your post that said you didn't know Tim had a website. So you and Cowman must be the same person..........I think you have screwed up again.....I knew it was just a matter of time.

Latest posts