Fried Gizzards

Help Support CattleToday:

artesianspringsfarm

Reaction score
Need a good fried gizzards recipe. Looking for the kind that you pop in a nice breaded piece dipped in a spicy sauce and the whole thing explodes in flavor in your mouth. I usually use them for dirty rice or that kind of meal but looking for a nice party starter for this weekend. Thanks!

artesianspringsfarm":1eelafyu said:
Need a good fried gizzards recipe. Looking for the kind that you pop in a nice breaded piece dipped in a spicy sauce and the whole thing explodes in flavor in your mouth. I usually use them for dirty rice or that kind of meal but looking for a nice party starter for this weekend. Thanks!

Me personally I use the gizzards for fish bait and eat the livers. but if you insist on eating the gizzards run them thru a cuber and then cut them in smaller pieces salt pepper flour and fry.

M5farm":1xoomt7y said:
artesianspringsfarm":1xoomt7y said:

Me personally I use the gizzards for fish bait and eat the livers. but if you insist on eating the gizzards run them thru a cuber and then cut them in smaller pieces salt pepper flour and fry.
First thing I thought of when I read the title------------fishbait.

M5farm":3mtr9851 said:

Fried gizzards, provided they're cooked right, are delicious. I'd say use the livers for fish bait, but I doubt the fish would eat them.

I love chicken gizzards, but HATE livers. I'm pretty simple with gizzards. Dip in egg wash and coat in saltine cracker crumbs. Fry in oil/butter, or butter flavored shortening. I tried pressure cooking them after seeing it on TV once, disgusting. I much prefer the gristly texture.

Love gizzards and can eat a few livers. I make a dredge with flour, garlic powder and black pepper, and my drench is buttermilk. I use the dredge, drench and dredge method and then deep fry. A simple breakfast gravy for dipping is also required.

The best part of the bird! I just cut them into bite size chunks and sautee them in bacon grease. Hearts I do whole, livers I use for bait. I was raised on necks and feet so the gizzrd was a real treat.

Pickled gizzards, the Legion in the town I went to college in had the best, couldn't keep them on the shelf! Chicken livers are awesome, not fish bait!

I cooked gizzards in a pressure cooker at KFC when I was a kid. You knew you had a perfect batch when each giz popped twice. They are best when they first come out of the cooker.

BTW - I invented spicy fried chicken, unless someone can claim versions earlier than 1975.

greybeard":3ctxldn7 said:
I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Al Gore invented spicy fried chicken in 1969..
:lol2: :lol2:
And I invented the internet too. You can't trust Al Gore. You know that.

Latest posts