Friday Midday Comments

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Trade is very quiet. We're higher on the day with light volume as April leads the way. There is some talk that we may see a $76 market next week. The feeling was the same last Friday, but things didn't pan out that way. It seems that the discount that June is carrying to cash has many people unsure of how to trade this market. I think I'll wait to see if we can rally up to 73.25 or so to sell or see what happens if we head the other way.

[email protected]

> Trade is very quiet. We're higher
> on the day with light volume as
> April leads the way. There is some
> talk that we may see a $76 market
> next week. The feeling was the
> same last Friday, but things
> didn't pan out that way. It seems
> that the discount that June is
> carrying to cash has many people
> unsure of how to trade this
> market. I think I'll wait to see
> if we can rally up to 73.25 or so
> to sell or see what happens if we
> head the other way.

Well I have been busy these past six months or so...we have moved from one side of the state of Oregon to the western side so have been very busy...cleaning up this acreage for one! But have missed reading Cattleline for these past months...have missed reading Jason's responses to everyone's questions...hope everyone has paid attention to his comments...he is very knowledgeable and down to earth.... I just got back from Leachman's Cattle Sale in Montana to find this new message on prices.....I have to agree with the idea that once a week is more than informative....I realize the market changes on a daily basis but.....from what i have read over the past two years of this site most of us are not in the position to be worried about those prices...I agree that the price we get is more based on locality at the sale yard....if I was shipping a few hundred head out to the feed lot I think this info would be very informative for me...but as it is....I just sell my calves in the fall and hope for the best price as my calves buy hay, alfalfa, pays the vet bills, ufortunately my herd is not supporting me!! But I agree if others are interested then this site should be supported but I will scroll through and read the information provided by the readers which is where I learn the most...so those who do read this site...welcome to it...but for the record, for me, it's not useful.... Sharon

[email protected]