Friction Fittings

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Anyone have any tips on how best to install a friction fitting. I'd prefer not to use one but after looking at the amount of work it would take to remove everything so I can take the thermostat housing off to thread the orifice I've decided it would be easier to just go back with another friction fitting. I don't think I'll get but one shot and its fairly tight quarters so I want to hedge my bet. Would adding some grease light oil be a good thing or should I stay clear of lubricants?

Jogeephus":3u9s184e said:
Thanks. Would a light coat of oil help or should I stay clear of lubricants?
Unless the hot cold idea doesn;t work I would avoid them

Put the piece in the freezer for about 30 minutes then put a block of wood in front of it and tapped it a few times with a hammer. Couldn't really see what I was doing but its not leaking so it must have worked but I'll know for sure by the end of the day. This fix cost $2.87 versus the several hundred dollars the other option was looking like. Thanks for the help.

Jogeephus":3mi0t4x1 said:
Put the piece in the freezer for about 30 minutes then put a block of wood in front of it and tapped it a few times with a hammer. Couldn't really see what I was doing but its not leaking so it must have worked but I'll know for sure by the end of the day. This fix cost $2.87 versus the several hundred dollars the other option was looking like. Thanks for the help.

The old mechanic that used to have a shop here anytime you ever open his beer fridge the freezer portion always had pistons in it.

Latest posts