Frickin' little...

Help Support CattleToday:

Lammie

Reaction score
I was soundly asleep in my bed last night about 1:30 am, when I was awakened by fireworks. Now, I didn't like the idea that folks were setting off fireworks as dry as it is to begin with, but for some insane reason, I don't think that there is a burn ban in this county. Anyhoo, I got up and stood around to see where this was coming from. One more went off. It was a full moon and bright as day. I'm walking around the fenceline, ("walkin' after midnight ;-) ...) and I get over to the neighbor's place and I see two teens out there clear as day. They light another one off hooping and hollering. Fun's fun, but it's dry and it aint a holiday anymore...

I holler over the fence, "Boys, holiday's over and it's too dry for this sh#t. Yall need to put those fireworks up." I get a "shut up lady" in return.

Hey! They called me lady at least...

I tell them I mean it now, boys, put 'em up or I will call the Sheriff's on you both and then "Bud" will have to deal with all of it. (Bud's the terminally stoned, confused father figure over there.)

Well, they moaned and groaned but no more fireworks. I sat up for about an hour after that, just watching to see if they are going to meander over and try something. I finally went back to bed.

So today, I'm out walking the fencelines again looking at the places where grass should be, and lo and behold, beer cans! And right over the fence from their place. I put them in a grocery sack and took them to the neighbors and told ol Bud that this dog won't hunt and that he needs to get some control at his house.

Can't wait to see what they throw over the fence tonight. Summer is always interesting over here. Their kids are grown but it seems like every summer they have some sort of foster exchange student over there or something.

"Bud" told us once that he would smoke dope with his kids but not cigarettes because they are bad for you...

Think you can figure out where our pet name for him comes from? :cowboy:

And we wonder why we have an over population in our prison system. With a jerk like that for a father (no cap) these kids won't stand a chance in life and the cycle will continue. Maybe the Darwin theory will take care of the problem.

I wondered where my kids were last night..........just kidding.

Be watchful, they might feel the need for revenge and vandalise something. Don't sound like the kind of folks to accept responsibility for their actions, but rather to resent you like it was your fault.

To tell you the truth, I know and expect that kids that age will do stuff like that. And it has happened before. What ev. I did stupid stuff, too. More than my share. It''s just that, and this is my only real complaint, is that it is too dry for fireworks and I can just see my pasture and barns gone behind the house. We had a grassfire last year that was pretty big and one that we put right out because we saw it. It was from fireworks. And it is dryer this year than last. I thought surely we had a burn ban but folks were setting them off everywhere. The main reason I watch the fireworks at home, and we get quite a show, my neighbors spend a lot on them and have a big party, is because I am sure that one day something's gonna burn down.

I'm a little paranoid about this. My neighbor knows my feelings about it. He used to aim them at the pasture and I'd have to go pick up sticks and paper the next day. It's an ongoing thing. I'm cool with it on wet years. Pretty to see and I don't have to leave home.

Fire is a valid concern. My cousin caught our Grandma's house on fire with a bottle rocket. Damaged it to where it couldn't be lived in. And this was in the city where the fire dept. is just a few minutes away.

Lammie just drop a hint in his ear that if his fireworks start a fire on your land it can be considered arson and he can be liable for the cost of putting it out and property damage.
Had some kids messing with fireworks behind my folk's place years ago and they started a huge fire, needless to say their folks had to cover the cost of fighting it and the cost for the fence, pasture and damage to the private property. It burned right up to a bunch of houses. :shock:

You know one picture is worth a thousand words. :D ;-)

Our little butt head neighbor kid (13 yrs.) Came flying down the dirt road yesterday. It seems that his mom is letting him drive their beater truck. I can't wait till the cops catch him on the highway :shock: . Yes...highway, I sure hope he doesn't hit someone. I hope he won't be able to get a drivers license till he's 18.

show steer up":z3zzl1iq said:
Our little butt head neighbor kid (13 yrs.) Came flying down the dirt road yesterday. It seems that his mom is letting him drive their beater truck. I can't wait till the cops catch him on the highway :shock: . Yes...highway, I sure hope he doesn't hit someone. I hope he won't be able to get a drivers license till he's 18.

Only 18? butt heads like that don't need a licence, when he grows up perhaps and that sounds older than 18.

It is so nice to not have neighbours within a few miles

How close do all you folks live to people down your way - I always figured on a cattle operation you would have some distance.

I could fire a rifle all night long at my place and no one would ever know.

I figure a guy needs to be able to drop his drawers anywhere on his property and have a crap in complete privacy - otherwise too close to neighbours - time to move. Or buy the suckers out. And I have done the buy out twice in my life - well worth it at almost any inflated price.

You be careful - you will have more trouble - bigger kids - bigger attitude and bigger problems.

Finally - watch out for your personal safety "Lady!"

Bez+

Too close. I have a little pasture behind the house where I keep the donks. That's what I was concerned about. There is a trailer park directly behind our property. Oh boy! I think "Bud's" "little" (she's a hog) wife is gone on another business trip. He was more likely passed out inside. They were shooting them off right at the fence line. I guess trying not to wake him. Who knows?

And we are not a cattle operation. I'm the deluxe model poor man's hobby farmer. Started posting here when I had the bottle babies. Steve and Mike lease some pasture for anything they have going on. I don't get into that... Man Land.

I'm not worried about them. This time of the year it's always like that.

And Steve would agree with our sentiments. He's been known to walk outdoors nekkid. :shock: :oops:

We only have 2 acres and three neighbors behind our house. Two neighbors are way cool, the other is ma Barker and the butt heads.

Lammie":khs88i74 said:
ga. prime":khs88i74 said:
Hey, you know what Sarah Palin's new job is?

Uh, no. What?

Don't make me regret asking, okay??? :D

untitled-2.jpg

Bigfoot Bounty Hunter.

Latest posts