Freezer

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd

Reaction score
Today one of the neighbors asked the wife on facebook if we knew of a good freezer repair man. I called her and talked to her and she said that their freezer had a leak in it and it would cost 4 to 5 hundred dollars to fix. She said that she guessed she would buy a new one. Our nearest Lowes had all of theirs on back order for a month, I went on line and everywhere, home depot and any other place also said they were on back order. And now we cannot even buy a new freezer. What the heck has China and South Korea quit shipping and also Mexico. We may get all of that stimulus money and nothing to buy.

A Heat and Air guy should be able to help. It depends on the age of the freezer, but they make "drop-in" gas with leak sealant that might help. If it is more serious, then they can replace the compressor, but that is probably more expensive than a new one.

sstterry said:
A Heat and Air guy should be able to help. It depends on the age of the freezer, but they make "drop-in" gas with leak sealant that might help. If it is more serious, then they can replace the compressor, but that is probably more expensive than a new one.

The liner and the outside would need removed it is in the cavity between the inner and outer liner.

They're on back order because China and other Asian countries completely shut down their factory work and their container ports in January and Feb. Now, the Chinamen have returned to work and are working thru the backlog of containers but some if not all our West coast ports are now closed/shut down.

I have a niece that works at Bestbuy and she said they sold out every freezer they had in a 2 day period about 1- 1/2 weeks ago.

Word I got from a repair guy is to stay away from Lowes and department store appliances as the appliance is made to the stores specs, not the original manufacturer's. They also make fewer replacement parts so their turnover is greater with new stuff. He said to stick with the mom and pop places as they by directly from the manufacturer.

slick4591 said:
Word I got from a repair guy is to stay away from Lowes and department store appliances as the appliance is made to the stores specs, not the original manufacturer's. They also make fewer replacement parts so their turnover is greater with new stuff. He said to stick with the mom and pop places as they by directly from the manufacturer.
Mom and Pop stories sold out locally. Closet and only one I know is Don's Get More Store Tyler Texas

hurleyjd said:
slick4591 said:
Mom and Pop stories sold out locally. Closet and only one I know is Don's Get More Store Tyler Texas

There's Curtis Appliance in Greenville, but I'd bet they are in the same shape. Mainly I posted that for future knowledge when buying.

Latest posts