freezer space cubic feet ?

Help Support CattleToday:

tncattle

Reaction score
Approximately how many pds. of freezer beef can you store in a chest freezer that has 26 cubic feet of storage space? It will be vacuum packed/sealed.

Our last steer was 789 dressed, we had about 200 lbs that had to go into our other freezer. We have a 20cf chest freezer.

Turin5-3":2ish67s9 said:
Our last steer was 789 dressed, we had about 200 lbs that had to go into our other freezer. We have a 20cf chest freezer.

You had 789 pds. of actual beef?! How many pds. of beef did you get in the 20 cubic ft. freezer?

I usually can get a side of beef into one freezer (I have 2 freezers 21.5 cubic feet)..It may depend on how the meat is wrapped and cut. My sides usually yield 250-275lbs. Hope this helps. Donna

donnaIL":1s3ze5n9 said:
I usually can get a side of beef into one freezer (I have 2 freezers 21.5 cubic feet)..It may depend on how the meat is wrapped and cut. My sides usually yield 250-275lbs. Hope this helps. Donna

Are your freezers 21.5 cf each or they both equal that combined?

Correction to my post...my freezers are 16 cubic feet...the door label lists 2 models, looked at the wrong one.

I have 2 - 16 cubic feet freezers. It takes a one freezer to hold 250-275 lbs of finished product, usually a side of beef fills it pretty full. I recently had a cow butchered..had her ground in to hamburger. I got approx 325 lbs of burger, it filled one of my freezers.

You might get more if you really packed it tight and packed the door tight. I don't think I could get 500lbs in my freezer, its an upright, chest freezer may hold more.

tncattle":1bkvkzk7 said:
donnaIL":1bkvkzk7 said:

Are your freezers 21.5 cf each or they both equal that combined?