Free to Good Home: Rain

Help Support CattleToday:

msscamp

Reaction score
Please mail shipping directions (and funds to cover shipping) to:

PO Box Enuf
Anytown, Mystate USA 84361

Expect delivery within 1-2 weeks. Thank you for your patronage! :)

This is going to sound stupid but here is a little ditty I was taught 20 some odd years ago to get rain. Take a stick and draw a picture of the sun in the dirt. When completed, take the stick and draw and X across the sun and spit on the drawing. Silly?! Yes. Makes you feel good - most definitely and surprisingly it sometimes actually works. Hope it does for you. (You might want to do this in private cause folks might just think you are crazy) :lol2:

Jogeephus":26vpz2x1 said:
This is going to sound stupid but here is a little ditty I was taught 20 some odd years ago to get rain. Take a stick and draw a picture of the sun in the dirt. When completed, take the stick and draw and X across the sun and spit on the drawing. Silly?! Yes. Makes you feel good - most definitely and surprisingly it sometimes actually works. Hope it does for you. (You might want to do this in private cause folks might just think you are crazy) :lol2:

:lol: That's good. Hanging a chicken snake on a fence is supposed to work too. Supposed to rain after it rots off or something like that. At this point I'm willing to give anything a try.

I guess I wore out one of my tricks. I would throw out some fertilizer and then cut a patch of hay. If it rained on the hay I still won because I got the fertilizer rained on. I didn't cost much when fertilizer was only $150 a ton and hay was cheap. Now at $800 a ton fetilizer I just get the hay in dry and the fertilizer goes to waste. :frowns:

I could use it as well. My husband got rained on all day yesterday in Bonham and we got squat. Well, we did get some nice temps out of it. It didn't get above eighty yesterday. I was sure hoping to get something from old Gus.

Sorry my quota is full. 21 inches in 24 hours and we have a couple more canes coming next week. Our water table needed to be refreshed but we have highways flooded still from a week and half ago.

i know almost every1 has had plenty of rain.but try to never complain about it,because you can be in drought again in a heartbeat.

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":2tst54wk said:
I'll take all ya got. Can I save shipping and come pick it up? :lol2:

That works! :lol:

Keren, maybe we could work out a trade - fill dirt for rain. :) What do you think?

Bigbull, I'm not really complaining - just a bit frustrated. :lol: We have received our entire yearly rainfall in less than 4 months, the flies are driving me nuts, I cannot get my pens dried out (or find fill dirt to at least fill in the low spots), the humidity is bordering on unbearable, and haying is a nightmare - and it's raining again, even as I type! I'm all for rain, but this is absurd!

msscamp":3bhzjpk2 said:
Mahoney Pursley Ranch":3bhzjpk2 said:
I'll take all ya got. Can I save shipping and come pick it up? :lol2:

That works! :lol:

Keren, maybe we could work out a trade - fill dirt for rain. :) What do you think?

Bigbull, I'm not really complaining - just a bit frustrated. :lol: We have received our entire yearly rainfall in less than 4 months, the flies are driving me nuts, I cannot get my pens dried out (or find fill dirt to at least fill in the low spots), the humidity is bordering on unbearable, and haying is a nightmare - and it's raining again, even as I type! I'm all for rain, but this is absurd!

Hang in there it will get better,always does. ;-)

Latest posts