Free Horses

Help Support CattleToday:

ClinchValley

Reaction score
I have a good friend who has 4 quarter horses, all mares, that need to find a new home. Ages range from 11-21.

Does anyone know of a good route? I'm listing on CL and online yard sales "Free Horses."

Would anyone in the area want a few healthy horses?

It would appear to me euth'ing them is the best route. Seems no one wants a horse around here.

Have a big barbq and serve missouri moose cooked in a hole in the ground

RanchMan90":46f0bxal said:
They're worth 40¢ a lb here. Maybe the same at your local sale, so not completely worthless.
That's not too shabby for killer horses.

You're not that far from us. I'm sure there's a few horse traders in your area that would be glad to take them off your hands and either polish them up and sell them, or put them on a load to the kill barn.

Why is he getting rid of them? Are they broke or just pasture ornaments?

If you were on the other side of TN I've got a buddy that would take them. He collects a trailer load and sends them to somebody in OK.

While back the wife took in a free horse and the horse (not my wife) was totally useless. Wife finally said she (the horse again) was too expensive and to take her (the horse) to the sale barn. She (the wife) cried like a baby when we loaded her (the horse) that morning. Since she (the wife) was really upset I lied to her and said I recognized the the buyer number and he was a farmer and not a kill buyer. Not quite sure if she bought it but things calmed down after that.

slick4591":2wc0nxft said:
While back the wife took in a free horse and the horse (not my wife) was totally useless. Wife finally said she (the horse again) was too expensive and to take her (the horse) to the sale barn. She (the wife) cried like a baby when we loaded her (the horse) that morning. Since she (the wife) was really upset I lied to her and said I recognized the the buyer number and he was a farmer and not a kill buyer. Not quite sure if she bought it but things calmed down after that.
Reminds me of the similarities between a boat and a horse. A boat is a hole in the water into which you throw money, a horse is a hole in the pasture into which you throw money.

I know a ton of people will disagree with me on this, but I look at dogs and horses as tools. They have a purpose and a job. Don't get me wrong, I have deep affection for my animals, but I don't plan to have animals around that don't serve a purpose. In my view, a good horse can be worth his weight in gold. Mine has save my behind more times than I can remember. A bad horse is worth very little.....

dun":1iag4uyo said:
slick4591":1iag4uyo said:
Reminds me of the similarities between a boat and a horse. A boat is a hole in the water into which you throw money, a horse is a hole in the pasture into which you throw money.

Just a few years ago you could buy a saddle here for $1-200 and they'd throw in a horse for nothing. Also know a guy who went to the animal auction and upon returning to his truck he found someone had tied a horse to his trailer as a gift for attending the auction I guess. The generosity of some still amazes me. :lol2: :hide:

I do agree with Bootjack that a good animal that serves a purpose is a completely different thing altogether. These type animals are scarce and getting scarcer.

wacocowboy":1spknu4b said:
skyhightree1":1spknu4b said:
wacocowboy":1spknu4b said:
Yep I think Sky's wife needs some more horses

No she doesn't :mad:

Don't be a sour puss. Lol

oh if you pay me 25k a month for the horses board I will smile big and not be one ... I accept pay pal or cashiers checks which will you be sending me ;-)

wacocowboy":1hbpg5xo said:
skyhightree1":1hbpg5xo said:
wacocowboy":1hbpg5xo said:
Don't be a sour puss. Lol

oh if you pay me 25k a month for the horses board I will smile big and not be one ... I accept pay pal or cashiers checks which will you be sending me ;-)

How about a block of cheese?

Block needs to weigh 25 tons

skyhightree1":2popl579 said:
wacocowboy":2popl579 said:
skyhightree1":2popl579 said:

How about a block of cheese?

Block needs to weigh 25 tons

If you are that you would be big as a house and be blocked for years lol

Latest posts