Free fertilizer

Help Support CattleToday:

snoopdog

Reaction score
Sounds great huh! The manufacturing process where I work produces a solid that is high in nitrogen and phosphorus , makes Bermuda go literally ape. So I agree to take some , 3 enddump loads so far . Hey, they'll even loan me a spreader truck just to get rid of the stuff! SWEET ! I change the oil in the truck , my labor , their dime , and head on out to spread this evening , because we're supposed to get a major rain this weekend , and what better time , right ? The benice floor chain broke the second load , half full . Guess what Ill be shoveling just so I can get started repairing , OH, and I guess I laid my glasses on the bed as I crawled under to look at the damage , and somewhere between there and where I parked the truck , they lay. Went back and looked to no avail . So , down at least 300 for the glasses and haven't started fixing the truck . It'll work out , but dang .

5S Cattle":19k21pn7 said:
What is it that y'all are making?
We pull the oils out of waste water from food manufacturers , with heat and a centrifuge, then sell it to either the feed folks or the biodiesel folks depending on the grade. The solids are a byproduct .

You've described my luck to the T..I have decided and come to grips with the fact..any thing that I do,there's ""double""the amount of work in it for me..

ALACOWMAN":1hh8usqr said:
You've described my luck to the T..I have decided and come to grips with the fact..any thing that I do,there's ""double""the amount of work in it for me..

Amen Brother. Murphy's Law never disappoints me.

ALACOWMAN":1tdobs7a said:

I've about decided age has a lot to do with that. I had to remove, re-level and re-set my water well tank last week because it developed a little leak in a pvc adapter, had everything here to do it with and told my wife the water would be off a couple of hours......took me all afternoon and didn't get the water back on till right after dark.

greybeard":3czcm4cs said:
ALACOWMAN":3czcm4cs said:

I've about decided age has a lot to do with that. I had to remove, re-level and re-set my water well tank last week because it developed a little leak in a pvc adapter, had everything here to do it with and told my wife the water would be off a couple of hours......took me all afternoon and didn't get the water back on till right after dark.
With age it does feel like double the amount of work. :nod: but age also has taken away all my determination..and i stop and think,,,nope ain't worth the trouble.
Most of It came from being a flunky perfectionist.do it 10 different ways till I was happy with one..

I got free fertilizer for several years from Prime Tanning.
Some idiot woman named Erin Brokwitch came and screwed it all up and they decided it was a hazard.
Class action suit gave me something like 75k, forget the exact amount.
Would rather have the free fertilizer still. Not really nothing wrong with the stuff, but to quote Miss Brokwitch,
"We don't know who we're gonna' sue, but we'll find somebody with deep pockets." gs

greybeard":2p74zwdh said:
ALACOWMAN":2p74zwdh said:

I've about decided age has a lot to do with that.
:shock: then I'm going to be in some serious trouble!

Latest posts