Free Cows

Help Support CattleToday:

barefootgirl

Reaction score
Sorry to be misleading with the subject--no free cows as in giveaway-free as in getting loose from a truck on a major highway (southern Ontario, Canada) during the rush hour commute to work. Can you imagine the look on everyone's face waking up in a city to find a cow or two standing on their frontlawn!!! :shock:
Police were called in to "keep order" until they could be rallied up again, put back onto a truck. Where is a lasoo wielding cowboy just when you need him most! :cboy: Thankfully no cows or people were hurt in all of the excitement!
Last year elephants were on the loose in a major southern Ontario town. They escaped from a circus. 2 decided to calmly follow a man coming home. He nonchalantly called police to tell them what happened, letting them know they were in his driveway. They promptly hung up thinking it was a prank. He called back, repeated the same thing to which he was asked "aahhh just what is it you are drinking sir"? Finally with the third call they decided to check it out, and sure enough there were 2 elephants standing in his driveway. The elephant trainer was called and they too were calmly lead back to their circus home. :)

Always funny watching the city people freak out about a cow.

Had one south of us a few years ago that made national news for escaping the slaughter plant. They even named the stupid cow "Molly" :roll:
We thought she should have been named "Hamburger" instead. :D
Funny watching the city cops chasing her all over the place. Needed a couple of good cow horses and good cowboys and they would have had her quickly.

lol yupp.
There is always one that gets loose here at the show and you should see the people run. You can always tell who is from the city when one gets away.
One year one got as far as the road ( in the middle of the night ). When the cops got there they said she was laying in the middle of the road chewing her cud.

cattle are going to get loose.an if its in the city the city slickers will freakout.an be scared of the cattle.they dont realize the cattle are scared because their in a strange place.

A friend was telling me about a guys calf that got off his lease near the city limits. Said the police had to shoot the calf (300 pounds) because it charged them. :mad: Are people really this far out of touch with our heritage that they can't understand loose calf? :roll:

flaboy":2873duky said:
A friend was telling me about a guys calf that got off his lease near the city limits. Said the police had to shoot the calf (300 pounds) because it charged them. :mad: Are people really this far out of touch with our heritage that they can't understand loose calf? :roll:

short answer is yes...

Add to that the adventure junkie cops.

Every little incident has to have the swat team and such.

AM news this morning a guy baricadded himself in his house and threatened to kill himself.

Twenty cops and swat team and 12 hour standoff from a guy with no weapon. finally busted down door and tasered and such and arrested because he threatened himself.

Let him kill himself and problem solved.

My wife loves these cop adventure reality shows. She was watching one yesterday when i cam in from post hole digging for a drink.

Same deal a guy was holding a knife to his own throat. cops shot him with bean bags. He jumps in car to get away from bean bags and begins a chase through the city where there were numerous wrecks. finally subdued after thousands in damage to innocent folks stuff.

Simple answer would have been to tell him to hack away and we will haul you off when you stop twitching.

pdfangus":1teyjy3y said:
Add to that the adventure junkie cops.

Every little incident has to have the swat team and such.

Boy, do I agree with you on this one. Same goes for firetrucks. Someone breaks a tail light lens in an accident and they send fire and rescue. They stop and block interstates for the smallest of accidents causing more. The fire guys take a lot of liberties also but shutting down whole roads for very minor accidents.

I was a volunteer fireman some years ago and we would wait for the sheriff to call us if needed at an accident. Seems these days they call out police, fire, rescue, highway patrol, hazardous waste disposal, and lawyers all on the same call.

I have heard each department gets funding and manpower based on the number of call outs. Well hell, if they run for every little dent their call numbers go up.

Im happy im not hte only one that gets a kick when the news comes on with the local police trying to round up cattle. I call over my brother and we have a good laugh watching them mess up.

Latest posts