free choice minerals

Help Support CattleToday:

clem

Reaction score
:?: I was wondering how do you dispense mineral supplements free choice? Also, do you use a salt limiter, and if you do, what is the ratio? Thanks, Clem

clem":1ekkfzj7 said:
:?: I was wondering how do you dispense mineral supplements free choice? Also, do you use a salt limiter, and if you do, what is the ratio? Thanks, Clem

We use an empty CrystalX tub. During the summer we mix 1 bag of mineral with 1/2 bag of salt. During the winter month's it's usually just the mineral, but we do mix salt with it occasionally. If you do a search for mineral feeder on the boards you'll find a picture of Dun's plastic barrel mineral feeder.

clem":29j5nx0r said:

I use old plastic barrels much like the mineral-feeder-barrels that dun makes. I do not add salt, there is some already in the mix but I do have the loose salt available free-choice. This has worked well for me in my situation.

Where I work, they use wooden mineral feeders. They look like small wooden feed-troughs with a roof. They also do not use salt as a limiter.

Katherine

msscamp,

do you have trouble with rain water building up in crstalx tubs?

thanks,
M

Bucky":3hkemqgr said:
msscamp,

do you have trouble with rain water building up in crstalx tubs?

thanks,
M

Rain, what's that? :lol: :lol: Not usually, but we don't get a whole lot of rain to begin with.

Latest posts