Free after 27 years

Help Support CattleToday:

D2Cat

Reaction score
Here's the story on TV about the man. http://fox4kc.com/2017/10/12/man-wh...e-to-determine-if-hes-eligible-for-new-trial/

The got an independent judge for the review and was expected to take 6 days. By the afternoon of day one the man was free.

They ought to take the monthly retirement that detective gets and give to this man, and then lock him up. There are some who take their position way too far. He manipulated everyone to get the conviction he wanted.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article178737811.html

The lead detective is scum. He manipulated the witnesses. Even the mother of the murdered has not visited the grave of her son for (it's actually 23 years) all these years. Yesterday she said she could go visit, because she could "close the casket". She was fighting for the imprisoned, because she did not believe he did it!!

Clear case of negligence on all involved. The Judge, D.A., detective, defendant lawyer and jury. All are as guilty as the detective. "Beyond Reasonable Doubt" and Justice must have a different meaning for them.

Ryder":1lpkxge0 said:
What if he had been executed for murder he did not commit?
This is one of the reasons I am opposed to capital punishment.
It is just to dangerous.

Even if there is no doubt, we can't get capital punishment. Too much money made by prison industry, lawyers, judges, etc.

We had a guy in this area who tied up a family, beat the mom, dad and older brother to death with a hammer, then took little sister and brother to the woods and raped, tortured them, and killed the boy. He videotaped it. The jury watched the video. Twelve years later he is still alive.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_E._Duncan_III

Also had a guy a couple years ago pull a gun from a cop and kill him. It was on cop's body cam. Just convicted, sentenced to death. Doubt it will ever happen.

djinwa":ay7pm8e5 said:
Ryder":ay7pm8e5 said:
It is just to dangerous.

Even if there is no doubt, we can't get capital punishment. Too much money made by prison industry, lawyers, judges, etc.

We had a guy in this area who tied up a family, beat the mom, dad and older brother to death with a hammer, then took little sister and brother to the woods and raped, tortured them, and killed the boy. He videotaped it. The jury watched the video. Twelve years later he is still alive.

Also had a guy a couple years ago pull a gun from a cop and kill him. It was on cop's body cam. Just convicted, sentenced to death. Doubt it will ever happen.

Stunned at how many times Duncan had been in jail or police custody prior to his murders. Disgusting.

He was incarcerated in Ks. Kansas has no law that addresses compensating a prisoner who was not guilty. They should take the money from the detective's retirement and SS who manipulated the witnesses, to provide for this man.

He did believe he needed to contribute somehow to society, even being locked up. He studied barbering. He has something there, and a family who is on the right track and supports him.

Ryder":1rnxa74o said:
It is just to dangerous.

I'm not we need an express lane IMO
one review within a month and hang em high.
Total bs being leaches on society for decades watching TV and filing lawsuits sitting in prison.

djinwa":1fr2ccjb said:
Ryder":1fr2ccjb said:
It is just to dangerous.

So where are you from? Northern ID, Montana or Washington????

Ryder":1fr2ccjb said:
It is just to dangerous.

I'd like to see some rules applied to capital punishment because the system we have right now is, in my opinion, not always set up to punish those that deserve it. The case of Cameron Todd Willingham comes to mind:
1) Review after 3 years, 6 year and 10 years, with each review done by a panel of 3, 5 and 7 judges.
2) After the third review, death comes within 24 hours.
3) Any and all DNA must be tested and retested for every review. If it has been degraded to the point that it's useless the person must be given life in prison.
4) All evidence must be reviewed, and if any witnesses recant they must be listened to.
5) Go back to hanging or death by firing squad. Both methods are quick and don't require drugs being manufactured in iffy conditions.
6) Using the testimony of jailhouse snitches may not be used for death penalty cases, life imprisonment only.

A lot of people have been exonerated with the advent of DNA evidence... Forensics is still making huge advances which can reveal the truth. While I don't like the idea of paying to keep these people alive for 50 years, I think we owe it to the innocent to hold our horses a little.

I wish this guy luck readjusting!

What's wrong with using some of that confiscated carfentanyl for lethal injection?

Latest posts