Frank Rodgers

Help Support CattleToday:

greenwillowhereford II

Reaction score
Dispersing the 20th of Dec. Opinions on the program? Seems to have an excellent rep, and stand behind his product. If all is as it seems, this could be a golden opportunity to build a herd on the shoulders of someone else's years of work. Noticed one lot with an IMF of 6.41%. Noticed the average MM EPD was adequate but not excessive, probably suited to the management style and environment..

I have never seen the cattle but have talked to several that have. What I have been told is that he has some good cows that perform well, but they are pretty big. The mature size of the cows may not make them suitable for all environments but it sounds like they do very well where they are at right now.

CPL":1rufgfyw said:
nap- hereford american has it. I can get on their site to post the link right now because I'm in the lab but their site is http://www.herefordamerica.com its on there somewhere.

Thanks for the information. Idaho is a little far for me to go but I will enjoy viewing the catalog and will look forward to seeing the results.

I doubt the cattle will sell for all that much money, we bought a heifer from them two years ago as well.

She didn't work out, but I still have an appreciation for his cattle and management. I think you could buy some decent cows for a little over market value. I am interested in what the phoenix bull will bring.

I got a full color catalog, but left it at work today. 289 head sell as 185? or so lots. Several were more moderate frame according to his description of them, so he may have had some variety. I noticed that apparently he took the time to personally write a description of every animal, and you could tell from the in-depth detail that he has a lot of knowledge, as you would expect from someone with that many years behind him. He has apparently been willing to spend money on bulls that he thought were breed movers.

Question on EPD's:

I wanted to look up the AHA's EPD's on that Phoenix bull, lot #1 that is shown on the Rodgers sale flyer.

However the AHA epd site keeps coming back "not found" when I enter the reg number and all other info.

Why can't I pull up a registered polled bull's epd's?

SRBeef":2vzrp8i9 said:
Question on EPD's:

I wanted to look up the AHA's EPD's on that Phoenix bull, lot #1 that is shown on the Rodgers sale flyer.

However the AHA epd site keeps coming back "not found" when I enter the reg number and all other info.

Type the registration number in without the "P"

SRBeef":28kycs7s said:
Question on EPD's:

Just type SHF Phoenix in the name box, hit search, he's the first bull listed

Thank you. I was typing in the "P". If I leave the P off of the registration number it comes right up....

As my kids would say: "duh" Dad.

Latest posts