foxholes

Help Support CattleToday:

What do they hurt there?
Here you can see them hunting mice in the pastures.
No one even attempts free range chickens too many owls,hawks,eagles not to count coon, skunks,and coyotes.

Workinonit Farm":1poatk6g said:
My chickens are penned up. I welcome a fox. They keep the mouse, and other rodent, populations in check.

foxes are ok as long as they stay away but I have 3 dens within a 1/2 mile of my house had 12 hens and about 40 chicks disappear last spring in a weeks time.

Workinonit Farm":2q5p1mc2 said:
My chickens are penned up. I welcome a fox. They keep the mouse, and other rodent, populations in check.

I feel that way about the coyotes until they get to close to the house. Then they become moving targets. Badgers never, ever have a welcome mat at my place.

cows are falling into the tunnels..already had a calf with a dislocated shoulder to deal with for 2 mons..not sure if it was related but it was a pita

Caustic Burno":12h8786g said:
What do they hurt there?
Here you can see them hunting mice in the pastures.
No one even attempts free range chickens too many owls,hawks,eagles not to count coon, skunks,and coyotes.

You got those good foxes. Don't shoot them or the bad foxes will move in.

dieselbeef":2l8rsuac said:
cows are falling into the tunnels..already had a calf with a dislocated shoulder to deal with for 2 mons..not sure if it was related but it was a pita

You just need a good dose of hogs make you forget about fox.
Neighbor and I set five traps this evening.

Just had one barking at me on the front porch. Guess he thought the green light was messing up his hunting. He got terribly upset when I put it on him.
He barked if that is what you can call it for five minutes.

I hear her barking too. I used to watch her running back and forth across the pasture into the orange grove. I know theres kits in there..or will be..

I was actually looking for hog damage when I found it...neighbor acorss the road got em...not yet for me tho..

Have a vixen that raised 7 kits last year and saw her with another litter this year, 5 or 6 half grown and I hit one in the road when it ran across and I didn't see it until too late. They are usually around more when the coyotes aren't so I don't bother them. Did lose one hen but they were out loose so I can't get too upset. If they try to get into the chicken pens then I will go after them, but otherwise I leave them be. Even saw where they must've gotten a couple of ground hogs so YEAH...FOXES. I'll take them over the coyotes ANY DAY. And thank goodness we don't have feral hogs here...The d....d eagles are worse.

Latest posts