Found spray for pig weed.

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown

Reaction score
After much research and speaking to herbicide and crop experts we have decided on Embutox. This will kill the pig weed and not harm the alfalfa,grass or oats.We are going to spray the end of the week. It is quite expensive around $20 an acre but at least we will get feed off of it this year. I hope it works as this is turning out to be a really expensive hay field. :(

Yes TN ,it says do not graze or harvest for livestock consumption for 30 days.So if you need to apply it to pasture then your cattle will have to be somewhere else for at least 30 days before they can graze it.It sounds like a really good herbicide because it is safe for so many different forages, hence the expensive price.

hillsdown":2qvgw0cq said:
Yes TN ,it says do not graze or harvest for livestock consumption for 30 days.So if you need to apply it to pasture then your cattle will have to be somewhere else for at least 30 days before they can graze it.It sounds like a really good herbicide because it is safe for so many different forages, hence the expensive price.

Like he says "There's one born every day"

Their job is to sell chemicals

Make something and make sure it has a short shelf life -anything then give it the big sell. -Hard sell ,tell them what they want to hear. Advertise everywhere , tell em it does everything ,just get the product sold .

Don't worry about repercussions , or warranties or quality as long as it goes off the shelves. Just change the company name every few years.

This is the work ethic of most of the major companies selling goods today If you dispute that then look closer.

Maybe you should read the previous topics before making snide comments.I highly doubt the government of Alberta is in cahoots with the herbicide companies especially the yankee ones. ;-)

The only reason I posted this was because of my previous post and dilemma. I am not advertising anything.I appreciate all the information given by everyone and that is why this board is so great.I will let everyone know good or bad of the results in a month or so.But please cross your fingers for a happy ending.

tytower":3hma4bsj said:
hillsdown":3hma4bsj said:

Like he says "There's one born every day"

Their job is to sell chemicals

Make something and make sure it has a short shelf life -anything then give it the big sell. -Hard sell ,tell them what they want to hear. Advertise everywhere , tell em it does everything ,just get the product sold .

Don't worry about repercussions , or warranties or quality as long as it goes off the shelves. Just change the company name every few years.

This is the work ethic of most of the major companies selling goods today If you dispute that then look closer.

THis has really PeeeeeeeeeD ME OF WHAT THE ??????????

DO NOT EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!judge my integrity .Sorry but this one really hurt my feelings.

mnmtranching":2qpysmil said:
I guess I will just keep letting my cattle feed on it. :eek:

For me I think it's good info. Just not for this year anymore.
I'd like to hear how it goes, and keep it in mind for next Spring.

We use a product called Trimec.

Our enemy is Red root Pigweed

We have a philosophy that the time to kill a pig weed is when you see it.

My partner keeps a hand sprayer in his truck and is religious about spraying pigweed when he sees one.

we spray in the pastures too. I think that is outside the label but in normal years the cows won't bother pigweed if there is something else to eat.

hillsdown":3vv9y063 said:
THis has really PeeeeeeeeeD ME OF WHAT THE ??????????

DO NOT EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!judge my integrity .Sorry but this one really hurt my feelings.

Firstly I am not having a shot at you
Simply pointing out that this is ... whats going on in the world and you can save yourself a lot of money by being aware of it at an early age.

Believe what you will , chemical companies make chemicals and make them do what they want them to do . They do not make them to do what you want them to do , just to convince you to buy more.

I don't know what your integrity level is . If I hurt your feelings then your emotional level and confidence must be a little low and I suggest you work on this maybe because you can do whatever you set out to do , regardless of what I might say.

My best wishes in your endeavour anyway