Found a skeliton

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave

Reaction score
Apparently my youngest son found human remains while hunting. I haven't talked to him yet as he and his hunting partner are still up in the hills. But information from his wife and the other son is that while sheep hunting in a very remote part of Yakima county my son found a human jaw bone. He hiked out and notified the authorities. When he led them back to the site they found other bones and some clothing. Be a little spooky hiking along glassing for sheep and look down at a human jaw.

How is their bighorn sheep hunting going? Sheep hunting is the ultimate! Only got to do it once. Drew a bighorn permit in the Anaconda area of Montana. I got a nice one.

Alan":2ujae5i0 said:
Pretty remote area for foal play....D.B. Cooper?

Way too far East for D.B. They are Northwest of Naches.

Margonme":2ujae5i0 said:
How is their bighorn sheep hunting going? Sheep hunting is the ultimate! Only got to do it once. Drew a bighorn permit in the Anaconda area of Montana. I got a nice one.

No word on that. They did get good pictures of several real nice rams a couple weeks ago when scouting. Just knowing those two they are probably searching for a new world record. I bet they were mad that they lost a day hunting to report this dead person.

Dave":2kosg57e said:
Alan":2kosg57e said:
Pretty remote area for foal play....D.B. Cooper?

Way too far East for D.B. They are Northwest of Naches.

Margonme":2kosg57e said:

No word on that. They did get good pictures of several real nice rams a couple weeks ago when scouting. Just knowing those two they are probably searching for a new world record. I bet they were mad that they lost a day hunting to report this dead person.

When I hunted, I would have not wasted a day on those remains. Lol

Workinonit Farm":4paeditk said:
Jogeephus":4paeditk said:
That will be some tale to remember there.

Absolutely!!!!

Yes Dave, please keep us updated on the remains, could be a missing hunter from the 80's or the missing link. In all seriousness I hope it's easy and no trauma on your sons.

I once found a bone i believed to be a arm bone.. Took it to the sheriffs office and they poop pooped it.....If you want to get rid of someone and want to get away with it, bring them to Red River Co, highest in unsolved murders and about to have less officers.. Found the bone under an old barn sight...along with a shoe..so so creepy

cowgirl8":1yi7t8sy said:
I once found a bone i believed to be a arm bone.. Took it to the sheriffs office and they poop pooped it.....If you want to get rid of someone and want to get away with it, bring them to Red River Co, highest in unsolved murders and about to have less officers.. Found the bone under an old barn sight...along with a shoe..so so creepy

That's where the closet was located.

Talked to son last night. They were stalking a big ram. Real steep ground. First he found a hip bone. He picked it up, looked at it, and dropped it. Thought nothing of it. Twenty feet further his partner picked up a jaw bone and instantly dropped it. The teeth had fillings. They had cell service so they called the Yakima County Sheriff Dept. They gave them the location based on their GPS. They continued on their stalk. They got up on their ram. And the detective called them back. Sort of blew up that stalk.
The dead person turned out to be a 27 year old man from Yakima. Back in 2012 he sold everything and told his family that he was moving. Hadn't been heard from since. Sheriff office said that the cause of death was undetermined. Son said that there was a pistol laying there on the ground and from the looks of what was left of the skull...... well you can put together the pieces of the puzzle as well as my son.
For those who are interested they got their ram two days later. They spent 5 days going after that particular ram. I was told that the taxidermist estimated that it would score in the 180's. I don't know what it takes for a bighorn to make the books but I do know that is a pretty good ram.

As far as I recall, B&C minimum for "all time" book is 180 for bighorns. Congrats to your son, that's my dream hunt.

Dave":39w9zpf8 said:
Talked to son last night. They were stalking a big ram. Real steep ground. First he found a hip bone. He picked it up, looked at it, and dropped it. Thought nothing of it. Twenty feet further his partner picked up a jaw bone and instantly dropped it. The teeth had fillings. They had cell service so they called the Yakima County Sheriff Dept. They gave them the location based on their GPS. They continued on their stalk. They got up on their ram. And the detective called them back. Sort of blew up that stalk.
The dead person turned out to be a 27 year old man from Yakima. Back in 2012 he sold everything and told his family that he was moving. Hadn't been heard from since. Sheriff office said that the cause of death was undetermined. Son said that there was a pistol laying there on the ground and from the looks of what was left of the skull...... well you can put together the pieces of the puzzle as well as my son.
For those who are interested they got their ram two days later. They spent 5 days going after that particular ram. I was told that the taxidermist estimated that it would score in the 180's. I don't know what it takes for a bighorn to make the books but I do know that is a pretty good ram.

Good for them on both accounts. They got their ram and hopefully helped a family move on.

Latest posts