Found a Place That Will Buy Logs

Help Support CattleToday:

ga. prime

Reaction score
P1000851.jpg

Had a bad ice storm back in January, National Forest Service is trying to sell Pine saw timber for $2.00 a CCF and can't get anybody to log it. Mills that will buy are only giving $20.00 a ton.

Red Bull Breeder":d5809cei said:
Had a bad ice storm back in January, National Forest Service is trying to sell Pine saw timber for $2.00 a CCF and can't get anybody to log it. Mills that will buy are only giving $20.00 a ton.

Pardon my ignorance but how do you calculate the crown competition factor to bid on it. Never have understood the forest service. Seems like they always want to reinvent the wheel or something.

Around here there are a whole class of folks known as cedar hackers. You can tell them by the missing digits.

Lammie":2tykznew said:
Around here there are a whole class of folks known as cedar hackers. You can tell them by the missing digits.

I used to always be able to tell which of the field hands worked in the Gold Kist chicken plant by a quick look at their hands. Ouch.

Ain't much crown up there any more Joe. Forest Service does cubic cord feet, i ain't never figured that one out. Much rather deal in board feet.

Lammie":2xbudz0v said:

Lock the gate behind them when they come in or you'll not get paid.

TexasBred":1l65y8cm said:
Lock the gate behind them when they come in or you'll not get paid.

:lol2: :lol2: Yeah, you gotta watch some of them pretty close. Especially those with a Bible on their dashboard.

Red Bull Breeder":1l65y8cm said:
Much rather deal in board feet.

Me too. I wish they would go back to stick scaling at the mills. Around here, State passed a law that every contract must be stated in tons. Don't like tons. Can't think in tons. Forest Service spent years coming up with good info on cords and BF then they scrap all this to go to something different. Don't make sense to me. I guess it employed some mouse pushers during the overhaul though.

Steve keeps all the cedar we get to use on his rustic furniture hobby. He still has all his fingers, though.

Latest posts