Found a calf - no mama - cold, windy what to do...

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
All so easy to make a call on after the fact. You where there. I wouldn't have been able to live with myself knowing I left something defenseless with buzzards moving in either. Tough area you live in, have heard some stories, you do what you have to in order to survive there I'm thinking.

Billybob Cornfed":4dovqbr0 said:
Caustic Burno":4dovqbr0 said:
SRBeef":4dovqbr0 said:
maybe you should have left it there? cows have a way of stashing their young then coming back. You meant well I'm sure but sometimes you have to trust nature. jmho. have to bottle feed it now? more experienced people can maybe answer that better. good luck.

The thing that struck me most it's not even his cow, I would be PO'd.
Well said a case of good intention meddling which usually little good comes from.
That cow knew where her calf was until it got stolen. I have had cows that would hide a calf out for a week before they would bring it in.

I re-read your post little Joe -

I did not steal a calf - ain't stolen till ya sell it -

if you were standing in my front yard I would kick the be nice outa ya for saying that -

People like you make forums a pain - territorial and don't even say where ya live...probably NY!
oh sht...apparently caustic aint seen this post.... likely get intresting when he do....."kick the sht" and "new york"....two things a texan will take personal :lol2:

This guy is a rustler no matter how you cut it. He openly admits he took the calf and it wasn't his.
He gives reason's he justifies it in his mind it is still theft.
That's jail time here or a bullet no matter the reason.
Come and try and take one of mine be sure you bring six friends.

Billybob Cornfed":ivat8osn said:
I only have 30 mommas but know it is not ours - but could not leave it to the coyotes -

I have never lost a calf to coyotes.

You gotta ask, if cornfed is innocent, why did he jump on the defensive so hard?

I was going to defend this guy about the buzzards glad I didn't now.It's not your calf so why did you put it on your cow? Correct me if i'm wrong but how do you figure that is right?

rusty":1f29gakb said:
I was going to defend this guy about the buzzards glad I didn't now.It's not your calf so why did you put it on your cow? Correct me if i'm wrong but how do you figure that is right?

To keep from bottle feeding it until he located the owner or mamma?

HerefordSire":2qufkeff said:
rusty":2qufkeff said:

To keep from bottle feeding it until he located the owner or mamma?

I hope you are right HS. It is good to give someone the benefit of the doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts