Foreign Exchange Student?

Help Support CattleToday:

NEFarmwife

Reaction score
Hubby and I have talked about visiting places like Brazil on an ag tour. It turned into discussing bringing in an exchange student with an ag related background who'd want to learn and be a part of our practices here. An opportunity to learn theirs and for us to teach them ours. My boys would love having another young man around, we have a wonderful school, both educationally and athletically.

Are there any programs that have these goals in mind?

Why's it have to be a young man? lol

We hosted students, as well as teachers when I was in school. You need to be prepared to accept some customs that are out of your comfort zone, but it was pretty easy for us all to get along. One of my best friends in high school was a German exchange student that stayed for 2 years. Everyone we hosted was from Japan, but we had students from all over the globe in our school.

Farm Fence Solutions":1wjoa63f said:
Why's it have to be a young man? lol

We hosted students, as well as teachers when I was in school. You need to be prepared to accept some customs that are out of your comfort zone, but it was pretty easy for us all to get along. One of my best friends in high school was a German exchange student that stayed for 2 years. Everyone we hosted was from Japan, but we had students from all over the globe in our school.
A young man because I have two already (15 and 16)... hormones! Lol.

I think it would be a really neat experience. It'd be even more neat if what we did here on our operation was a learning experience that could impact his life in a very positive way.

True Grit Farms":2oo0g5ii said:
There's a lot of kids that need foster parents in this country.
There are and I know a few couples who do foster with really great success.
I really do feel it takes certain kind of people to do what they do. I commend them and how they open their hearts and homes to kids who may have never experienced a "family" before.

We are nearly done raising kids and this life, isn't for everyone. I know my son struggled a lot moving out to rural Nebraska after being raised a city boy for so long. It's been the best thing for him but it took time.

My school had something like that but the way it worked was the children switched families for the summer and by the end of the summer I'd be fluent in French and their daughter fluent in English.

Latest posts