Ford's Not So Better Idea

Help Support CattleToday:

That's not good, they just went to aluminum bodies on there super duty line for 2017. Raised the price another $4k from the 2016 price.

TennesseeTuxedo":27cx1gtj said:
Might not be a good idea but GM is rolling their all aluminum trucks out in the very near future as well.

Not sure if Fiat is following suit.

I'd like to see this inside information you have, Mr. Ford Man.*

*I know your probably right, but I can't stand the thought of you being right...
:lol:

I think it was a dumb idea to make the bed out of alumi. just for the simple fact that it's not ridged or dent resistant.
Plus you would never be able to drive over mud, ice or snow without slippin and slidin, (no rear weight).
A front wheel drive car would actually do better then that truck. But everyone's just gotta have a pick'em up truck, even if they never drive off of the state highway.

They should of just went a alumi. cab only. That's where all the weight is anyways.

sim.-ang.king":2fpqj6pg said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2fpqj6pg said:
Might not be a good idea but GM is rolling their all aluminum trucks out in the very near future as well.

Not sure if Fiat is following suit.

I'd like to see this inside information you have, Mr. Ford Man.*

*I know your probably right, but I can't stand the thought of you being right...

I think it was a dumb idea to make the bed out of alumi. just for the simple fact that it's not ridged or dent resistant.
Plus you would never be able to drive over mud, ice or snow without slippin and slidin, (no rear weight).
A front wheel drive car would actually do better then that truck. But everyone's just gotta have a pick'em up truck, even if they never drive off of the state highway.

They should of just went a alumi. cab only. That's where all the weight is anyways.

I love your use of the super fine print, lol.

Once again, Ram trucks are the last ones still building a truck.. they were the last ones to offer a manual tranny too, which I consider essential

Nesikep":2pr9afvg said:
Once again, Ram trucks are the last ones still building a truck.. they were the last ones to offer a manual tranny too, which I consider essential
Keep telling yourself that Nesi...

Nesikep":b8d6hcr0 said:
And I won't allow a manual on the farm. Compleatly useless now and nothing but one more job when the clutch goes out cause someone can't drive a standard.
And we had that happning way back when people grew up driving them.
In well over a million miles of farm trucks I think it had three autos go out and they weren't that night to fix. And I'm talking the trucks that get everyone driving them.
We had clutches going out once a year it more.

It's rare I see an auto last for 200K... and with the new 6 and 8 speeds I shudder to think of what a replacement costs... usually more than the truck is worth
While I can't say it's a fun job, a $300 clutch is a whole lot cheaper

Nesikep":n6p832g6 said:
It's rare I see an auto last for 200K... and with the new 6 and 8 speeds I shudder to think of what a replacement costs... usually more than the truck is worth
200k miles on any of the new autos are a piece of cake IF they are taken care of.

Nesikep":3eb0tku4 said:

Two setting in my drive right now. A powerstroke and a duramax.

My work truck is a 05 F 450 bucket truck. Has 235000 miles and it is a automatic , and has had to work done to the transmission. It's a V10 motor. Iam not a Ford fan but it's been a good truck that has taken a lot of abuse.

Latest posts