Ford vs. Chevy

Help Support CattleToday:

Bright Raven said:
The Ford F series is my choice. I bought my first one new in 1981. I have owned 150s, 250s and a 350. I put 276 thousand on the 350 and never done anything but service.

On Monday, I bought a 2019 F-250 XLT. I am 68 years old. Why not?
That looks very nice Ron.

Ken

M-5 said:
JMJ Farms said:
I'm betting the shooter was a Ford man :lol2:

For the record, I currently drive a RAM. I've had them all. They all beat a horse and buggy. Like Grit said, until they break.

I wouldnt lay money on it . ford drivers are not known to have alot of testosterone.
Well now it all makes sense! AND it's a short bed (Grit). ;-)

TCRanch said:
M-5 said:
JMJ Farms said:
I'm betting the shooter was a Ford man :lol2:

For the record, I currently drive a RAM. I've had them all. They all beat a horse and buggy. Like Grit said, until they break.

I wouldnt lay money on it . ford drivers are not known to have alot of testosterone.
Well now it all makes sense! AND it's a short bed (Grit). ;-)

I see no reason why a lady wouldn't want a short bed, smaller fuel tank = more stops. My wife can't make 4 hours without having to stop.

smnherf said:
This is why I quit arguing polled vs horned hereford too. Some of these horned guys might just blow up. LOL

Just a question about your posting (making it related to the topic...sorta) and this post seems to be at the end of it's activity: I picked up a few whiteface when I started learning about being a cattleman (in name only) and don't remember if I was driving a Ford or Chevy at the time. I preferred polled for ease of handling and my safety, but never saw a big polled bull. Did I just miss seeing such or is there some genetics in the polling process that stunts their growth?

Texasmark said:
smnherf said:
This is why I quit arguing polled vs horned hereford too. Some of these horned guys might just blow up. LOL

Just a question about your posting (making it related to the topic...sorta) and this post seems to be at the end of it's activity: I picked up a few whiteface when I started learning about being a cattleman (in name only) and don't remember if I was driving a Ford or Chevy at the time. I preferred polled for ease of handling and my safety, but never saw a big polled bull. Did I just miss seeing such or is there some genetics in the polling process that stunts their growth?

They are out there.

I got caught in the middle of a big bar room brawl in Ketchikan, Alaska back in the late 70's. It started over which chain saw was best. Stihl or Husky.

Dave said:
I got caught in the middle of a big bar room brawl in Ketchikan, Alaska back in the late 70's. It started over which chain saw was best. Stihl or Husky.

What happened to the Dolmar guy in the far corner of the bar? Did he just quietly leave or start crying because he had no friends?

Aaron said:
Dave said:

What happened to the Dolmar guy in the far corner of the bar? Did he just quietly leave or start crying because he had no friends?
He was drinking with the Echo guy, they went home together.

Aaron said:
Dave said:

These were professional timber fallers with some riggin men throw in for effect. The was a certain amount of hard liquor involved in the brawl but drunk or sober none of them would be seen running a Dolmar, Poulan, Echo, or Jonsred. Some of the older individuals may have ran McCullochs but it was way past their day. They quit making a decent commercial saw in the early 70's.
But it wasn't the only brawl I was involved in or witnessed in the Focs'hol (sp) bar in Ketchikan. Back then Ketchikan was pretty wild west. Loggers came to town after months in logging camps. Fisherman came in to town too. Lots of money. Lots of booze. Lots of wild crazy young men full of testosterone.

Dave said:
Aaron said:
Dave said:

These were professional timber fallers with some riggin men throw in for effect. The was a certain amount of hard liquor involved in the brawl but drunk or sober none of them would be seen running a Dolmar, Poulan, Echo, or Jonsred. Some of the older individuals may have ran McCullochs but it was way past their day. They quit making a decent commercial saw in the early 70's.
But it wasn't the only brawl I was involved in or witnessed in the Focs'hol (sp) bar in Ketchikan. Back then Ketchikan was pretty wild west. Loggers came to town after months in logging camps. Fisherman came in to town too. Lots of money. Lots of booze. Lots of wild crazy young men full of testosterone.

What was the bar that sold fried rabbit? 5 miles north of town right past Ward creek where all the floating log homes were?

I was 14 mama Cass died that day first time I had rabbit with granpa :banana:

Named'em Tamed'em said:
Dave said:
Aaron said:

What was the bar that sold fried rabbit? 5 miles north of town right past Ward creek where all the floating log homes were?

I was 14 mama Cass died that day first time I had rabbit with granpa :banana:

Nope. It was about three doors down from the tunnel on the town side. It was definitely a logger bar. A big black board on the back wall, half names of men looking for work and half camps looking to hire. A pile of gear in the back corner. You could come to town and just drop your gear there nobody would mess with it. You could cash a big check there. The safe was half company money and half the boys money. You could leave your money in the safe and tell them not to give it to you to a certain time. If you wanted your money early you better bring a gun.

Nesikep said:
Aaron said:
Dave said:

He was drinking with the Echo guy, they went home together.

:lol: best one liner I've read on here! Well done sir!

a few people around here ran Jred's.. I built a 920 up for a friend of mine, his son uses it for commercial firewood making, all his buddies have new 441's and 390's and this thing runs laps around them.. it is a bit clumsy though
https://youtu.be/sy7IE3cm4rM

Also built this Husky 61 that I have a lot of fun with.. about 5 seconds slower in that log than a ported 394.. don't have your volume up too high for this one
https://youtu.be/xIk8tc20L7g

That 61 looks like a really nice saw in good condition.

http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.nsf/ed1d619968136da688256af40002b8f7/01ec47be5550bbce88256d5a005a3315?OpenDocument

jltrent said:
That 61 looks like a really nice saw in good condition.

http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.nsf/ed1d619968136da688256af40002b8f7/01ec47be5550bbce88256d5a005a3315?OpenDocument
It's in fair shape, rear handle has a good crack right where you hold it... it's got a 272 top end and has been stroked 2mm too

Guess all of the oil company, and farm trucks I see driving down the worst road in america, are just go to town for their office jobs.

It is odd though I never see them in town? Better keep my eyes open for those City boy chevys next time i'm in town.

Come to my farm let's see if you can hang 10 loads out of field a day, 500 bales a load. Oil fields easy work. Loaded and stacked. No breaks