Ford F550

Help Support CattleToday:

TSR

Reaction score
Anyone have an idea what a 1999 F550, powerstroke, Quadcab, Automatic, just kind of a plain jane -no carpet, manual windows, flat bed with L tank and 170 k would be worth? It is in my estimate between good and fair conditon body-wise and good condition mechanically with new tires. I am having trouble finding this model on truck sites to give me an idea.

I might just be cheap,but I think you shoud be able to buy it for 10 or less.Most 550's are used pretty hard.

7.3 powerstroke late 94 to early 03

EAT BEEF":v5fio6dl said:
I might just be cheap,but I think you shoud be able to buy it for 10 or less.Most 550's are used pretty hard.

I agree, 1 other thing I would do is pull oil samples from the engine,tranny, and rearend, have them analyzed and get the specs. I do this on all our equipment at work on a annual basis. Its amazing what an oil sample can tell you.
For a truck that size, its likely its been used hard. I would also inquire about the last time the injectors were replaced..they are high dollar.

saltbranch":39i8m8v6 said:
EAT BEEF":39i8m8v6 said:

I agree, 1 other thing I would do is pull oil samples from the engine,tranny, and rearend, have them analyzed and get the specs. I do this on all our equipment at work on a annual basis. Its amazing what an oil sample can tell you.
For a truck that size, its likely its been used hard. I would also inquire about the last time the injectors were replaced..they are high dollar.

Pulling oil samples in good advice. Blackstone Laboratories is a good testing company. Injectors shouldn't need to have been replaced in the 7.3 yet. 'If' they have been....run away fast. A well-looked-after 7.3's injectors should last 250k minimum. Have heard of them lasting 500K+. :cowboy:

Aaron":23q1hl43 said:
saltbranch":23q1hl43 said:
EAT BEEF":23q1hl43 said:

Pulling oil samples in good advice. Blackstone Laboratories is a good testing company. Injectors shouldn't need to have been replaced in the 7.3 yet. 'If' they have been....run away fast. A well-looked-after 7.3's injectors should last 250k minimum. Have heard of them lasting 500K+. :cowboy:
I think the most mileage we got out of the PSD injectors on our trucks were 175k, these were company trucks, driven by many employees. I have never seen 500k out of injectors, but for the price of PSD injectors they should last more than that.

saltbranch":3axo6wyf said:
Aaron":3axo6wyf said:
I think the most mileage we got out of the PSD injectors on our trucks were 175k, these were company trucks, driven by many employees. I have never seen 500k out of injectors, but for the price of PSD injectors they should last more than that.

Most of the 7.3 PS's that I've seen around here need seals put on the injectors around 150k. My old 6.9's would go thru an injection pump every 100k or so. Six one way, half a dozen the other. Only difference was the inj pumps were 500 to rebuild and I could have them off in under 30 mins, if that tells you how many I've changed.

Red Bull Breeder":2ff4dxzh said:
You used to could buy the 7.3 injectors cheaper from cat.

Plus it's cheaper to buy aftermarket performance injectors than the original factory jobs.