Ford 7710 Tractor

Help Support CattleToday:

TSR

Reaction score
I am currently looking at a used Ford 7710- II (thats whats on the hood) tractor with 4300 hrs. It has a cab and air,fair tires. It has sat out because it would need a paint job to look sharp. He is asking14K. Anyone know anything about these tractors pros and cons? I 'm kinda thinking that is a little too much> Opinions?

I've got an 88 model, one of my favorite tractors to run. They've got a good top end but they lack some low end torque (4cyl turbo). Easy enough to turn the fuel up if you need it. Fairly simple tractor to work on, the next series started picking up a lot more electronics. Don't really have any major complaints about mine. Depending on condition, 14k seems fair on this tractor. Bought mine 4 or 5 years ago with 2500 hrs on the clock, new tires and looked brand new (4wd). Once I put a new loader on it I wound up with almost exactly twice what they're asking for this one. Don't regret it one bit.

14k is a good price for that low hour tractor.wont take much to spruce it up.an have it looking good.

Good tractor. Not to big, not to small.
Light in the rear end. While unloading a trailer of hay, had to keep a bale on the back.
Having a little problem starting. Sometimes when you turn the key, nothing. But turn it a few more times and it will start. Don't know.
Over all good.

cfpinz":1iuf2mu0 said:
I've got an 88 model, one of my favorite tractors to run. They've got a good top end but they lack some low end torque (4cyl turbo). Easy enough to turn the fuel up if you need it. Fairly simple tractor to work on, the next series started picking up a lot more electronics. Don't really have any major complaints about mine. Depending on condition, 14k seems fair on this tractor. Bought mine 4 or 5 years ago with 2500 hrs on the clock, new tires and looked brand new (4wd). Once I put a new loader on it I wound up with almost exactly twice what they're asking for this one. Don't regret it one bit.

This one is not a 4wd btw. I wouldn't think it would get light in the rear end (as stated by someone in the thread below) because I currently unload hay with a 7600 Ford and it doesn't get light but I do have fluid in the tires on the 7600.

TSR":2s1fe1d6 said:
This one is not a 4wd btw. I wouldn't think it would get light in the rear end (as stated by someone in the thread below) because I currently unload hay with a 7600 Ford and it doesn't get light but I do have fluid in the tires on the 7600.

I've got a 7600 also, it has fluid in the tires but the 7710 doesn't. I don't see a lick of difference between them. The 7710 has a buttload of weights on the back, though. You'll love the hydraulics on the 7710 after running that 7600 for awhile. Only bad thing about the newer deluxe remotes is the price if you need to add extras.

Latest posts