Ford 7710 again

Help Support CattleToday:

TSR

Reaction score
Well I drove this tractor yesterday for the first time and noticed it had a floor pedal for the rabbit (fast speed) and a turtle (lower speed) all while in the same gear, is this standard on these tractors? Also I noticed when looking at the serial number and all the other information on the id plate inside the cab, that at the bottom it said made in England. It seems to me that someone told me that Ford tractors made in England, especially the 6600's thru the 77 series were not as good of quality. Any of you heard such. I know now they are all made in foreign countries for the most part. Opinions, Comments?

Sounds like a typical "grey market" tractor. I had one once, a lot of the US parts didn;t fit exactly right when I tried using them on it.

my 7700 has the samething as your 7710.its called duel power.an lets you have extra power when you need it.we dont use that foot peddle.

To my knowledge they were all made in England. Some were labeled "Assembled in America" in that they were shipped here without wheels and tires and they were put on on our soil. The gray market tractors had features that were intended for use in Europe, such as turn signals and a different type of hitch setup on back. The fenders were different, too. Gray market 7710's had a back window that was split horizontally whereas NA models were split vertically.

My 7710 has the dual power, nice feature. I've got one 7610 that doesn't have it, I miss it so much I've considered adding it to that tractor.

cfpinz":2o1l8ogx said:
To my knowledge they were all made in England. Some were labeled "Assembled in America" in that they were shipped here without wheels and tires and they were put on on our soil. The gray market tractors had features that were intended for use in Europe, such as turn signals and a different type of hitch setup on back. The fenders were different, too. Gray market 7710's had a back window that was split horizontally whereas NA models were split vertically.

My 7710 has the dual power, nice feature. I've got one 7610 that doesn't have it, I miss it so much I've considered adding it to that tractor.
You are right as I just finished talking to a dealer that I gave the serial number. He said this one was a late '90 model and was a North American unit, not a European model.
Do you think your 7710 has more power than the 7610? I could be wrong but it seems my 7600 has as much if not more power especially at lower rpms than the 7710.

They were supposed to have the same hp-86.7710 was a row crop 7610 a general purpose.The Dual power is great.Just remember to set the parking brake as the transmision won't hold since the Dual power is hydraulic.

TSR":2sr770zp said:
Do you think your 7710 has more power than the 7610? I could be wrong but it seems my 7600 has as much if not more power especially at lower rpms than the 7710.

They have the exact same engine. My 7610 is a lot more peppy than the 7710 because it is an open station 2wd where the 7710 is a cab/4wd, lot more weight to carry around. Turned the fuel up on the 7710 but haven't touched the 7610. A late 90 model will be the series II, the cabs are a bit nicer on those than the series I. And I'll second the e-brake recommendation.

cfpinz":1dkgsxi7 said:
TSR":1dkgsxi7 said:

They have the exact same engine. My 7610 is a lot more peppy than the 7710 because it is an open station 2wd where the 7710 is a cab/4wd, lot more weight to carry around. Turned the fuel up on the 7710 but haven't touched the 7610. A late 90 model will be the series II, the cabs are a bit nicer on those than the series I. And I'll second the e-brake recommendation.

Thanks for all the info. One thing I did notice different engine-wise is that the oil dipstick on the 7600 is on the left while the 7710's is on the right. I haven't had much time to look at anything else.

TSR":28tqtke6 said:
Thanks for all the info. One thing I did notice different engine-wise is that the oil dipstick on the 7600 is on the left while the 7710's is on the right. I haven't had much time to look at anything else.

The 7600 has a bit smaller engine than the 10 series. Can't remember the exact numbers but 268ci vs 276ci comes to mind.

Latest posts