Ford 5030 and 7600 Tractors

Help Support CattleToday:

Stocker Steve

Reaction score
We have an auction in the area that includes these two blue tractors. Both show less than 3,000 hours. Any tips or comments on their durability, or value as a 2wd loader tractor? Thanks for the help.

I'd be skeptical as to the hrs on the 7600, it's getting some age on it. I've got a '78 model 7600, best tractor I've ever owned. Has around 5k on it, all I do with it now is loader work and some tedding and raking. Ran the discbine and round baler with it a lot in the past. Hydraulics are slow compared to the newer ones but the tractor is built really nice, my wife will fight you for that tractor.

man those are some low hour tractors.esp the 7600.we have 78 7700 cab/loader.an it has over 10,000hrs on it.an it is still running good.

These low hour tractors are on a turf farm that also has a lot of JD tractors. It appears that no one there looked good in blue... :shock:

I looked at the auction price for the 7600 w/ cab in machinery pete but there was not anything that was low hours. A 7610 with low hours and no loader looked like $10,000 to $11,000 would get it bought. What do you think is a top auction price?

if the paint an cab are in good shape.an the a/c an radio work.top price is $13,000 to $15,000 an no more than $15,000.

When you look at an auction summary like machinery pete they give you a condition rating but not many details. There are lots of older tractors in the area but it seems like the better ones fit in a couple groups:

1) Lower hour tractors - 2,000 to 4,000 hours typical
2) Medium hour tractors - 5,000 to 7,000 hours typical
3) Medium hours tractors that have had a recent engine overhaul - 5,000 to 7,000 hours typical

How much difference in value would you put on of an 80 hp tractor in these three groups?

Dont' know about the 5030, but if the 7600 is in really good shape I'd bet it would fetch 10-12k with the cab in this area, I paid 10k for an open 7600 about 10 years ago, but it was perfect and had about 3k hrs on it. An average 7600 cab in this area will be in the 8-10k range, down near 5-6k if rough. Dad's got a fair 7600 cab w/o air, has a Ford loader on it, gave around 11k I believe.

cfpinz":2yrue7qp said:
Dont' know about the 5030, but if the 7600 is in really good shape I'd bet it would fetch 10-12k with the cab in this area, I paid 10k for an open 7600 about 10 years ago, but it was perfect and had about 3k hrs on it. An average 7600 cab in this area will be in the 8-10k range, down near 5-6k if rough. Dad's got a fair 7600 cab w/o air, has a Ford loader on it, gave around 11k I believe.

Sounds about right. How did the cab w/o air work out?

The 30 series Fords are good tractors and if i remember right there were mades from the early 90's to about 2000. The 5030 is a 4 cylinder while the rest were 3 cylinders. Hydraulics for a loader are a little slow unless it has the second pump. In my opinion they are good basic tractors, there where a few transmission options available in them.

Stocker Steve":25hncrg5 said:

Pretty much sucks ass in the summer time. The top hinge has a spot you can put a cotter pin in to hold the doors open about a 1/4 of the way. Do this and leave the back window open and you get a decent breeze, but it sucks nontheless. Specially running the round baler.

cfpinz":3dga4zls said:
Stocker Steve":3dga4zls said:

Pretty much sucks ass in the summer time. The top hinge has a spot you can put a cotter pin in to hold the doors open about a 1/4 of the way. Do this and leave the back window open and you get a decent breeze, but it sucks nontheless. Specially running the round baler.

Sounds like you are keeping the hours down on this 7600 too.

Stocker Steve":c5dh5m73 said:
Sounds like you are keeping the hours down on this 7600 too.

It belongs to Dad, and he uses the thing just about every day. It's fine 9 months out of the year but those 3 in the middle are terrible.

Can't speak for the 50 series but the 76 series is one of the most reliable and simple tractors ford has ever produced. As stated, the hydraulics are a little slow but other than that I think you will find it very reliable.

I sold some heifers then went to the tractor sale today. The green tractors sold well. The 5030 Ford w/ 2900 hrs went for $8,700. I thought that was very high. The 7600 Ford with 2300 hours went home with me for $6,900. :banana: They insisted the hours were actual... Draw bar and 3 point did not show much wear so I went with it. Good rubber, good clutch, soft brakes, throws some black smoke when you gun the engine (any comments on this?), so so repaint job, rotted out cab liner. Obviously sat outside in the past and should appreciate my shed.

Any tips on a good loader match up?

The black smoke is fuel, someone probably turned the fuel up. My 7600 has been cranked way up, probably too far. Just keep in mind the motor is putting out a little bit more power than the rest of the tractor was designed for (rear end, trans, clutch). I've got a dunham lehr 22 loader on mine, they work good together. Dad's got a Ford 776F (?) on his, don't like it. Does it have dual power?

Angus Cowman":yk6n8yht said:
I have the Bush Hog Loaders on a couple of mine and I like them also have had an allied and liked it real well, the allied was a stout loader and worked well

I've got a BH 2846 on my 7710, good loader for hay and light bucket work but I got nervous digging graves with it before we got a backhoe. Biggest complaint about mine is the cable controlled joystick, that thing is cheap.

Latest posts