Ford 5030 and 7600 Tractors

Help Support CattleToday:

I looked online for a decent used one. Seems like decent used ones go for $2000-2500 at auction, and dealers are asking for $3500-4500 for similar units. New ones are $5000 and up. Koyker is fairly close for a new one. Most used deals seem to be in MO, OK, and AR.

Loaders seems pretty spendy and much much less common than used tillage or haying equipment. Around here they split the a loader/tractor about 1/3 of the time. Is demand for loaders that high, or do they just get used hard till they break?

Stocker Steve":15nejw66 said:
I looked online for a decent used one. Seems like decent used ones go for $2000-2500 at auction, and dealers are asking for $3500-4500. New ones are $5000 and up. Best deals seemed to be in MO and AR.

Loaders seems pretty spendy and much much less common than used tillage or haying equipment. Is demand that high, or do they just get used so had they wear out sooner?
Most loaders seem to stay with the tractor here, seldom see a loader by it self.

you cant find good clean used loaders.because most people use them till they wear out.an then buy a new loader.or if its in good shape it wasnt what they wanted.

You might check with DiamondSCattleCo.
He claims he can find and have shipped a good loader for less than $1000

Quote: but I do know shipping costs as we get equipment from Hesston, KS all the time. He could buy a thousand dollar loader just about anywhere and have it shipped for less than a thousand bucks.

Rod

Standard 7600 front tire is a 7.5 x 18. I am used to running a 9.5/10/11 inch width on that size of a tractor.

Are you running loaders OK with a 7.5 or have you switched to a wider rim?

Stocker Steve":11d05n8x said:
Standard 7600 front tire is a 7.5 x 18. I am used to running a 9.5/10/11 inch width on that size of a tractor.

I've got 7.5 x 18's on a 7610 w/o loader, don't think I'd want them on a loader tractor. If you hit a ground hog hole or ditch they don't absorb much shock. Plus they would concentrate an awful lot of weight on the contact point with a loader on. My 7600 has 10L x 15's I believe, Dad's must have 11L or so, they're a bit bigger than mine.

Stocker Steve":3u5i78gp said:

I would go with a 10.00 x 16 if I was putting a loader on it
the wheels are about $45-$50 new and tires should run about $110

A couple Ford first timer hydraulic questions:

I have the flow control knob turned all the way in but the hydraulics are a bit slow... . Typical for a 7600?

One of the control levers under the seat works half of the left hand mounted four port coupling block. The other control lever under the seat does not seem to have any effect. Any tip?

The right hand lift control lever will move the two lower link arms but no effect on the RH mounted two couplings. Am I missing something?

This tractor does not have the load monitor remote cylinder. How valuable and practical is this feature?

Thanks for the help.

Stocker Steve":1kkvvatx said:
A couple Ford first timer hydraulic questions:

I have the flow control knob turned all the way in but the hydraulics are a bit slow... . Typical for a 7600?

They're pretty slow compared to the newer tractors.

One of the control levers under the seat works half of the left hand mounted four port coupling block. The other control lever under the seat does not seem to have any effect. Any tip?

Those two levers run the two remotes (four hoses) in back. Can't remember which is which but the short lever can be converted to run one-way cylinders and float down by backing out a slot-head screw on the front of the valve body between your feet. The long lever (and the short when the screw is in) will both run one-ways but they dead head when letting the cylinder down.

The right hand lift control lever will move the two lower link arms but no effect on the RH mounted two couplings. Am I missing something?

The lift quadrant is for just that, running the 3pt arms.

This tractor does not have the load monitor remote cylinder. How valuable and practical is this feature?

Thanks for the help.

I've never used the Load Monitor on any of my tractors, I think it is hooked to a hydraulic cylinder for plowing or the like. I sure wouldn't pay to put it on any tractor.