Ford 5000 hyd question

Help Support CattleToday:

JHH

Reaction score
My 5000 has hydrualic problems it got very slow over the weekend. I havent checked anything except fluid level yet. could the filter just be plugged up? I know it is in the belly of the tractor I just havent tore it apart yet.

yes id check an change the hydro filter.does it make a growling sound when your raising it under load.if its not the filter it maybe time to overhaul the hydro pump.

My last 5000 had an intake filter inside the case, had to take the rockshaft cover off to get to it. If you wind up changing it I'll warn you there is a hidden bolt under the right side of the cover where it bolts to the rear end. And it's strong enough to lift the rear wheel off the ground when you hook a come-a-long to the cover and a floor joist. Or so I've heard...

Filters, pump or a blockage in the lines/valves is the first things that pop into my head. May want to check your couplers if it's just slow on the remotes. Or is the 3pt slow, too? The 3pt fluid passes thru the block under your seat, giving the remotes priority.

Latest posts