Ford 3.5L Eco-Boost V6 Gas w/10 Speed Automatic Transmission

Help Support CattleToday:

They done picked it up.
I'll remember next time.

I honestly dont know what heck I'd buy if I were looking for a new truck. They are all so similar now.
Being a mechanic. They're all just junk to me. They all break down. They all need fixed. Idk that one brand is any better than the next any more.

My newest truck is a '91
Gotcha, you were delivering it I suppose?

Take an undersized V6 that is already taxed in a full size pickup and put an RV on it's back to lug around. Sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.

I think they are okay for the average American's need for a pickup (pulling a boat occasionally, otherwise hauling kids and groceries), but not for working hard.

I have done some work to them, they are not fun to work on, that's for sure. That little motor is crammed way down in the frame and under the cowl, the turbos are mounted to the sides in the fender well.

Take an undersized V6 that is already taxed in a full size pickup and put an RV on it's back to lug around. Sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.

I think they are okay for the average American's need for a pickup (pulling a boat occasionally, otherwise hauling kids and groceries), but not for working hard.

I have done some work to them, they are not fun to work on, that's for sure. That little motor is crammed way down in the frame and under the cowl, the turbos are mounted to the sides in the fender well.
Bought a lot of gas for my 6.0 last weekend.

What is a reasonable engine life range for a turbo gas truck engine?

Gas is cheap, engines aren't.

Jury is still kind of out on that one since a lot of them haven't hit 100k yet.

Turbo gas engines have kind of a tumultuous history. They've been around for a long time, but most failed to make them reliable.

That said, the alternatives aren't a whole lot better.

Last edited:

We have a couple half tons for our outside sales people.
I know of a couple that have over 200k
3.5 turbo fords
One needed a turbo.
The other just normal maintenance.
Idk how much longer they will go, but so far so good.

The 5.o fords have been experiencing lots of oil consumption and dont seem to last even with regular maintenance.
We've had a couple need engines b4 100k
They just went from together to apart for no apparent reason..

We have a couple half tons for our outside sales people.
I know of a couple that have over 200k
3.5 turbo fords
One needed a turbo.
The other just normal maintenance.
Idk how much longer they will go, but so far so good.

The 5.o fords have been experiencing lots of oil consumption and dont seem to last even with regular maintenance.
We've had a couple need engines b4 100k
They just went from together to apart for no apparent reason..
I thought 5.0 were bullet proof. They have been around for decades. Maybe it's the parts from China...

Latest posts