Ford 3.5L Eco-Boost V6 Gas w/10 Speed Automatic Transmission

Help Support CattleToday:

HDRider

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the Ford 3.5L Eco-Boost V6 Gas (310 hp/400 ft/lbs. Torque) c/w 10 Speed Automatic Transmission?

Engine

Transmission

I didn't have the 10 speed (had the 6). I had a 15' f150 with 3.5 ecoboost (365 hp, 420 lb-ft) and really enjoyed it. That was the last half-ton that I had but if bought another it would probably be the same or similar.

I have it with the 6 spd. as well and it is very impressive to say the least. Wouldn't even look at a 5.0 in that truck the Ecoboost will beat it all day long. Yes I have run them both. Wish I had more insight on the 10 spd. trans to offer. Seems to me it would shift a lot and I could see where that could lead to trouble.

I've driven a bunch of them!
My job requires driving a multitude of vehicles every day.

The shifting isnt terribly noticable. Very smooth. Theyve even put an indicator on the dash to see what your gear it's in. It's that smooth. And the 6 makes plenty of power.

As far as problems....
I couldnt tell ya. But they drive nice. I dont care for the auto-stop. Where the engine shuts off at stoplights. But I think u can turn that off.

I've got a 2011 ecoboost 6 speed. They fixed the transmission problem a couple years ago with a recall. I think they reprogrammed the power train control module. It runs great now. Mine has a catch can to catch condensation. Supposedly if you don't have one of those on these turbo charged engines, they won't last as long.

Drove a van with that engine for a little over 4 years and 115,000 or so miles. Great power and van weighed about 8,000. Only engine issue was throttle body at 38,000. It had the6 speed.

I have a 2019 XLT 4x4 with towing package and love it. I tow but not a lot, maybe 15% +/-, mileage takes a pretty good hit when towing.

always turn off auto start/stop and put it into eco mode (tones down the turbos). Overall mileage (never reset trip #2) is 19.4, highway is usually 23-24. I change oil every 5k miles, always use full synthetic as the book says.

Seems to shift smoothly but occasionally in the lower gears it seems to clunk; I think it can't figure out whether to upshift or not. Normal driving it is smooth and effortless.

Not sure about it in an RV, depends on size and weight. Mileage might take a big hit???

Hope this helps a bit.

They done picked it up.
I'll remember next time.

I honestly dont know what heck I'd buy if I were looking for a new truck. They are all so similar now.
Being a mechanic. They're all just junk to me. They all break down. They all need fixed. Idk that one brand is any better than the next any more.

My newest truck is a '91

Latest posts