Forcing people to work...........

Help Support CattleToday:

Wouldn't you just be thrilled to be in a Dr's care was was forced by lawsuit to be working!

The basis behind this fictional TV characterization is real.
Northern Exposure.

northexp.jpg
But, I assume you have also watched re-runs of TV's M.A.S.H.
It is very much based on true protocols. In the show, Hawkeye, BJ Hunnicutt and TrapperJohn were all 'draftees', but in the real world, it was a different kind of conscription. They had to be there because the govt had paid fortheir medical schooling just as it had during ww2.
Many thousands of doctors, Army medics, Navy corpsmen were drafted during WW-2, Korea and Vietnam and performed their jobs at incredible risks to themselves and did so admirably.
I and tens of thousands of others were treated by them.
I know that of which I am speaking.
medivac1970.jpg

In the early years of Vietnam, there was a draft exemption for doctors but many ignored their exemption and joined anyway. (draft exemptions are assigned, but not forced upon anyone)

Doctors during Vietnam fell in a special 'pool' but unlike the regular draft, those thousands of doctors eligible for the draft were selected at nearly 100%.

They are 'forced (by federal law) to work in the military, come hell or high water, but the oath they take as medical personnel drives their quality and dedication first and foremost.
Many of the residents and interns at VA hospitals are there because federal law requires them to serve as part of the VA staff. They have little choice in the matter if they accepted federal funds to complete their college.

Here's some good video on the details, from what understand they're suing the company that hired them, the judge granted a temporary restraining order to last over the weekend, then lifted it on Monday, saying the hiring company must make the people available to work at the old place, but they aren't forced to actually work there (13th amendment). The whole thing is stupid, the employees asked for wage matching, etc and they declined, then they're all surprised that they leave.
However, it sounds like Thedacare is still going forward with a lawsuit, which can only (and SHOULD) end badly, and they ought to pay legal fees on both sides.

The wording on Ascension's reply is SCATHING... Imagine a legal document starting off with "Your failure on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part"

Lehto's update from Monday

Last edited:
I hope the hospital looses and gets hung with all the expenses.

This is the result of forcing masks and other mandates for the safety of the group. It has empowered this nonsense.

I have never been fired or intentionally done bad work at a job but if an employer did this to me they would regret the day they ever hired me before it was over.

I hope the hospital looses and gets hung with all the expenses.

This is the result of forcing masks and other mandates for the safety of the group. It has empowered this nonsense.

I have never been fired or intentionally done bad work at a job but if an employer did this to me they would regret the day they ever hired me before it was over.
I think the lawyers bringing this suit forward are lucky if they don't get disbarred!

At a crappy, low paying auto parts warehouse job I had once, just before a few of us quit we did do a bad job... Every day, before shift start, you restocked the returns... You know BWD ignition parts that makes caps, rotors, points, and all those tiny little parts? Well, the shelving for that stuff was 8 ft high and 40 ft long, jam packed with trays and 3 dividers in each tray.. 1000's of part numbers... Well, they'd pizzed us all off, so about 5 banana boxes worth of returns just got randomly thrown into whatever tray we felt like.. absolute nightmare for their inventory control!

Latest posts