Forages for Summer

Help Support CattleToday:

edrsimms

Reaction score
Millet Update

smallerpicmil.jpg

TiffLeaf 3 Millet Planted 4/15/09; 1st cutting 5/7/09; 2nd cutting 5/28/09; 3rd cutting 6/27/09; 4th cutting 7/24/09; 5th cutting 8/22/09

These fields are just cow pasture-- the bermuda pasture was a lay out for 2 years and the cows have grazed it off 3 times this year.

:lol:
Thanks.

Actually, I think next door to Jogee would be the place to be. Good grass, big garden and Wilbur lives their too. :p

1982vett":3kfd01dk said:
:lol:
Thanks.

Actually, I think next door to Jogee would be the place to be. Good grass, big garden and Wilbur lives their too. :p

That'd be fine with me as long as I can take you down to Queen Ester so she can dip you in some Mojo Juice to get that drought hex off or you cause we sure don't need another drought.

:lol: Queen Ester would probably take one look and close shop. Couldn't afford to us all her Mojo Juice on one customer.

1982vett":zmp0p1a0 said:
:lol: Queen Ester would probably take one look and close shop. Couldn't afford to us all her Mojo Juice on one customer.

She doesn't charge a thing. Don't think she can and keep her :???: whatever it is she has.

Jogeephus":1vwjl7wx said:
1982vett":1vwjl7wx said:
:lol: Queen Ester would probably take one look and close shop. Couldn't afford to use all her Mojo Juice on one customer.

She doesn't charge a thing. Don't think she can and keep her :???: whatever it is she has.

Ah, you missed it Jo. After de-hexing me, poor ol Queen Ester would be all used up. Nothing left for other customers cause their would be NoMo Juice. ;-)

1982vett":3a2qq1c1 said:
Jogeephus":3a2qq1c1 said:
1982vett":3a2qq1c1 said:
:lol: Queen Ester would probably take one look and close shop. Couldn't afford to use all her Mojo Juice on one customer.

Ah, you missed it Jo. After de-hexing me, poor ol Queen Ester would be all used up. Nothing left for other customers cause their would be NoMo Juice. ;-)

:lol2: :lol2: It would take a lot of juice to get that rain hex off of you.

novaman":2x18izob said:
Perennial Peanuts (Alfalfa of the South)
Is there no alfalfa grown in the south? If not, what is the reason?

Spring like this year April 1 to June 1 14 inches of rain
Summers hot humid rains sometimes every day
Also Horses dont like blister beetle

We buy tractor trailer loads of big square bales of alfalfa from Canada too. It is way nicer than what we can get local and not that expensive, even with the freight.

edrsimms said:
Millet Update

smallerpicmil.jpg

TiffLeaf 3 Millet Planted 4/15/09; 1st cutting 5/7/09; 2nd cutting 5/28/09; 3rd cutting 6/27/09; 4th cutting 7/24/09; 5th cutting 8/22/09

edrsimms":20kdf83m said:
Millet Update

smallerpicmil.jpg

Yeilds were 1.2 (1000 lb) rolls per acre for a total of 432 rolls. All Tiff leaf 3 Millet has now been shipped to drought stricken areas of Texas; west of San Angelo (for no cost) and dove hunting will be no charge for 2009.

We are now working on grass hay to be delivered in September and October also for no cost. Expected yeild should be about 940 (1000 lb) rolls headed to the same area.

Man I've got a great friend just north of Interstate 10 and East of San Antonio that would love a bunch of that free hay especially if it were delivered....He's been feeding hay for over a year and is on the verge of having to sell out.

Latest posts