Forage sorghum

Help Support CattleToday:

alisonb

Reaction score
Thought I would share this with you before I start cutting(next week). A huge storm just passed, only got a couple of drops but it was an amazing sight. By the time I managed to get my camera the second rainbow had disappeared and only a hint of the first one remained.
DSC00003-1.jpg

Nice pic. It will be a month before we can see that preety green warm season grass around here. I would like to see a thunder storm like that about mid July.
Thanks for sharing

plumber_greg":s65doo9i said:
Africa looks different than I thought. How do you keep the rhinos and elephants out of the sorghum? LOL gs
And Calman is complaining about pigs....... :lol: Imagine what a bunch of elephants could do. :shock:

plumber_greg":emob9ksd said:
Africa looks different than I thought. How do you keep the rhinos and elephants out of the sorghum?
You are right Greg, the trees you see in the background are Blue gums which are not indigenious to SA. They were brought in from Australia and are considered 'invasive', a tree is said to consume 2000 lt water/day :shock: . As for the rhinos and elephants, well I just keep the shotgun handy at all times :lol: .

:nod: Imagine what that does to a water table-we only have an average rainfall of about 400mm/year here in Bloemfontein and there are spans of Bluegums.

Well, Massey & I finished cutting today. It's nearing the end of the season here and basically all that will grow here now is wheat, oats & Japanese radish.
Hope the weather is kind to all of you that are planting that side :D .
DSC00013-1.jpg

alisonb":1qlljoou said:

Must have been on a ladder to take that first picture. :D

Bought my millet seed last week.........now just need some dryer weather :shock: to get it in the ground. :secret: Not to dry just a little...

That was funny Vett.. :lol2:

Great pics Alison, I sure hope we have a hay and green feed stand as thick and tall as that this year... :D

mattyboy":2u5p3vci said:
Shotgun for rhinos and elephants? :shock: :shock:

I always keep my pellet gun handy for the lions, the Cape buffalo I just chase away by throwing stones at them.

I always keep my pellet gun handy for the lions, the Cape buffalo I just chase away by throwing stones at them.

.177 pellets? or do you prefer the heaver .22 cal (for more stopping power)? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

mattyboy":2aaingh3 said:

.177 pellets? or do you prefer the heaver .22 cal (for more stopping power)? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

.177 otherwise I would need a license for the gun.

Latest posts