For you Hereford fans

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Here's a little something that may brighten the day for some of you Hereford fans. It relates to the range bull sale held last week in connection with the Houston livestock show. This is strictly a commercial range bull sale, nothing like the Houston sale for the kids where the top steer almost always sells for over half a million dollars. And of course none of this means much of anything outside the confines of the particular group of bulls that were consigned, but FWIW: from a brief news clip in the Houston Chronicle and a related website --- 106 bulls of eleven breeds were consigned and were graded by 20 commercial producers from Texas & Louisiana. The overall top grading bull was a 23 month old Texas raised Hereford that weighed 2,160 pounds and sold for $7,000. He must have been a helluva prospect. The second place overall grading bull was also a Hereford, but only sold for $3,200. The top grading Angus came out of Oklahoma and was a 23 month old that sold for $3,000, but a lower scored Angus bull weighing 2,520 brought $4,000. Top grading Charolais was a 30 month old 2,350 pounder and sold for $4,000. Top Brangus sold for $4,000. Arnold Ziffle

Anonymous":2q8uurmu said:
Here's a little something that may brighten the day for some of you Hereford fans. It relates to the range bull sale held last week in connection with the Houston livestock show. This is strictly a commercial range bull sale, nothing like the Houston sale for the kids where the top steer almost always sells for over half a million dollars. And of course none of this means much of anything outside the confines of the particular group of bulls that were consigned, but FWIW: from a brief news clip in the Houston Chronicle and a related website --- 106 bulls of eleven breeds were consigned and were graded by 20 commercial producers from Texas & Louisiana. The overall top grading bull was a 23 month old Texas raised Hereford that weighed 2,160 pounds and sold for $7,000. He must have been a helluva prospect. The second place overall grading bull was also a Hereford, but only sold for $3,200. The top grading Angus came out of Oklahoma and was a 23 month old that sold for $3,000, but a lower scored Angus bull weighing 2,520 brought $4,000. Top grading Charolais was a 30 month old 2,350 pounder and sold for $4,000. Top Brangus sold for $4,000. Arnold Ziffle

Well what did you expect Texas Herefords and George Bush it doesn't get any better.

Anonymous":3q62v1sy said:

we were in houston that day for the hereford show & walked through the sale bulls.......there were some really good-looking bulls offered. in my opinion, some a little too fat to be turning out on a bunch of cows, but overall a really good looking bunch.

sold some calves mar 16 at mcalester ok they were all half an threequrter hereford. two steers at395 129.50cwt two steers 455 120.50cwt three hiefers 390 115.50cwt .

Hey campground do you have reg. bulls for sale? I always seem to agree with you and I was just wondering cause we are looking for a reg. polled hereford bull. If you don't, could you tell me where to get one?
Thanx,
Ellie May

Ellie May":1c3t36um said:
Hey campground do you have reg. bulls for sale? I always seem to agree with you and I was just wondering cause we are looking for a reg. polled hereford bull. If you don't, could you tell me where to get one?
Thanx,
Ellie May

Yes I sell herd Bulls and prospects sold one today matter of fact. Have got a kick butt calf coming on Bloodlines Sire Braxton Giant/Vindictor
Dam Feltons517 and Nick the Butler. If you know Herefords these blood lines it doesn't get any better. And yes I could put you in contact with some breeders a little closer than me. The K-K ranch on the Ok. Texas line has some good stock out of a bull called Powerstroke. My foundation cow is from the K-K.

Ellie May":1obl927b said:
Thanx,
Ellie May

a little closer to you would be tennessee river music.......you might even get to meet randy own. they have some good cattle and will be having a sale in may.

Thanx. Well we either wanted a bull from somewhere close or faraway, it doesn't really matter as long as the bull looks good and is kinda young. Oh and has to be registered. Campground do you have any for sale that are really dark brown, have brown on their eyes, small heads, & have a solid body? Your from Texas right?
Ellie May

Ellie May":27y3epun said:
Thanx. Well we either wanted a bull from somewhere close or faraway, it doesn't really matter as long as the bull looks good and is kinda young. Oh and has to be registered. Campground do you have any for sale that are really dark brown, have brown on their eyes, small heads, & have a solid body? Your from Texas right?
Ellie May

Ellie I do have a couple of young prospects right now, and I have a friend that is a very large breeder. He has been running a large herd since the thirties. Don't get hung on color or eye pigment go on aha and look up the epd's. My email is under my profile and we wouldn't have to bore the other posters with all this Hereford talk. Like I said earlier I run Braxton Giant bulls this an old bloodline that has some great epd traits. Feltons offers some really good seedstock with the pigment you want.

Howdy,
Do you have a website or e-mail? I'll see if I can talk to my dad about checking your farm/ranch out. We were suppose to look at some bulls in Franklin Tennessee so I dunno yet.
Thank you,
Ellie May

Ellie, are you still lookin' for a herd bull? Give our web site a look. diamondDherefords.com Pics of the bulls are far from pro but the bulls are in their "work" clothes. The bull named Backstep will put pigment close to the eyes. And I'm in ohio. Lot closer than texas.
Take a gander at bullshop.com also may find something you like there [/url]

certherfbeef":a5u79166 said:
Ellie, are you still lookin' for a herd bull? Give our web site a look. diamondDherefords.com Pics of the bulls are far from pro but the bulls are in their "work" clothes. The bull named Backstep will put pigment close to the eyes. And I'm in ohio. Lot closer than texas.

Just curious what bloodlines are you running.

current clean-up bull is seven yrs old and is a .38 special The base of our herd came from the John Rice despersal and are Nick the Butler. Our herd is horned and polled. The horned cows are mark donald and oregon hereford ranch genetics. 335F and starfire is in most of their pedigrees.
Last yrs calves were out of a Boomer 46B son bought from Mohican

certherfbeef":34bi7mal said:
current clean-up bull is seven yrs old and is a .38 special The base of our herd came from the John Rice despersal and are Nick the Butler. Our herd is horned and polled. The horned cows are mark donald and oregon hereford ranch genetics. 335F and starfire is in most of their pedigrees.
Last yrs calves were out of a Boomer 46B son bought from Mohican

Good Cows I have a young bull prospect Braxton Giant1/Vindicator Sire
Nick the Butler/ Feltons 517 on the dam this little boy has got 4 stars.
I have qne cow that has Mohican bloodlines dang cood cow. I really like Braxton Giant1 Bulls have some great epds,very old line out of New Zealand.

Sounds interesting. We went the the stock show in Denver this year. Just to watch. Ran into the Mrnak family. GREAT people! Ended up buying a march yearling from them to replace the .38 special we are using now. This calf is a brother to the champ pen of three.
The only reason the .38 special is still around is because of sentimental value. I found my engagement ring in the 3 inches of hair on his back. But, now it's time to move on.... need new genetics. The calf from Mrnak's is a dakota 0230. They are having an interne heifer auction next week. mrnakherefords.com

Campground Cattle":g1844t56 said:
certherfbeef":g1844t56 said:

Just curious what bloodlines are you running.

I'm willing to bet she doesn't have a clue.

Latest posts