? for you hereford breeders

Help Support CattleToday:

cul8r":3b63j5h4 said:
That would probably be because I run Brangus. 8)

a good hereford bull could work wonders on those black cows ;-)

That would be me. I run less than 100 onion heads.

Interesting that a Brangus breeder would follow the AHA and their DOD program so closely. What is the motivation?

1848":2cdbj22g said:
Interesting that a Brangus breeder would follow the AHA and their DOD program so closely. What is the motivation?

my thoughts exactly. :roll:

This was your original post

cul8r":qshtxwlv said:
did any of you have cows that were awarded a Dams of Distinction honor?

I'm guessing this is what you meant or intended to find out? (see bold underlined below)

I saw where it was posted and I was just wondering if any of the smaller breeders on here made it so that I could congratulate them on a job well done. That's all.

I was referring to the 2004 list that the AHA just posted and I was asking about the smaller breeders because I would think that it would be a great accomplishment for a breeder with ie: 25 head to have cows on the DOD, then a ranch with 500 head to have 10 on the list.

Also I was referring to cows that were raised on the ranch, rather that dod's that were purchased from some other ranch.

All this grew from your original post at the top? Why didn't you ask all those questions in the first place? :) There sure was a lot of typing done for you to get close to the answer you wanted?

farmguy":1apdo5ou said:
We have our first Dam of Distinction, was a complete but nice surprise.

Congratulations Farmguy. Our first two were a suprise too.... :shock: