For you deer and dove hunters

Help Support CattleToday:

Arnold Ziffle

Reaction score
Here's something that might make some of you chuckle a bit. I just flipped through my latest issue of The Progressive Farmer and read a couple of quotes by a famous person, as follows:

On deer hunting: "I go out with my trusty 12-guage double-barrel shotgun, crawl around on my stomach. I track and move and decoy and play games and try to outsmart them. You know, kind of play the wind. That's hunting"

On dove hunting: "You clean them. Let them hang...You might eat it at a picnic, cold roasted".

Well, I guess now I know why my hunting trips haven't always been as successful as I'd hoped. I've been doing it all wrong. :lol: :lol: I don't know if this person was outrageously misquoted, or if isolated words were assembled into these quotes for a sinister reason, BUT, assuming that these quotes are accurate I guess I'd have to say they would really strike me as being almost hillarious, were they not so pathetic! (Now before anybody jumps me, I am familiar with "still hunting" and stalking, and the use of slugs and buckshot in shotguns for deer hunting in the East, the importance of "reading" the wind and moving accordingly, etc.) Maybe that's what this person was trying to talk about, but if so he or she sure did a pi$$ poor job of getting the thoughts across)

i've read those quotes, too, Arnold. i think it all goes back to the credibility of the speaker on them......saying what sounds good?

Latest posts