For W Ridge.....

Help Support CattleToday:

Texan

Reaction score
Wonder if we might get some parameters from you so that we can prevent any more thread locking. No use in it progressing that far. What are your criteria for the "ENOUGH" threshold? This would be helpful to all of us so that we can stop just before we get there.

Macon requested that we be civil and clean.
Name calling is not civil, neither are personal attacks. I always hope that things will run there course and fade away. This is what in most cases happens. Some topics just seem to go on adnauseum. No amount of nattering, oh yahing, name calling or even logice or appeals are going to convince someone that has embraced a paritcular livestyle and is convinved that it is appropriate will have their minds changed.
Others can skip posts if the want to, I feel obligated to read them all in the function as moderator.
I serve in this function at the pleasure of Macon, I feel that if enough people complain about the way I do things or Macon feels that I've done something inappropriatly he will let me know or revoke my duties as moderator

W Ridge

W Ridge":1viydo5u said:
.......I feel that if enough people complain about the way I do things.........

I surely didn't intend for my post to sound like a complaint and I wish to apologize publicly if that's the way it sounded. Not at all what I intended! In fact, I think all of the moderators here do an excellent job. I sure wouldn't want to trade places with you. I thought that I asked a legitimate question about your criteria and you have answered it for me. Thanks!

W Ridge":1viydo5u said:
Macon requested that we be civil and clean.
Name calling is not civil, neither are personal attacks.

I realize that I am very bad about the name calling and personal attacks. And you're exactly right about it not being civil. I'm going to try to do better and I even noticed something that another member wrote on a different Topic that I thought was really good. In that case:
dun":1viydo5u said:
......the best method of handling the welfare (expletive deleted).......

Obviously, Dun has a much better way of handling these things than the name calling I am prone to do! I'm sure you would agree?

Thanks again!